Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Intel i5 4570 - Which is the best suited gaming chipset for this processor?

Last response: in CPUs
Share
a b à CPUs
May 25, 2014 1:41:52 AM

There is no doubt that I will be playing around HIGH END games with ultra settings, a lot.

I got two motherboards in this list for upgrading my PC.

Gigabyte Ga-B85-d3h
&
Gigabyte Ga-H87-d3h.


Note: No Overclock, No Crossfire/SLI

If I choose H87, will it be providing more gaming performance than B85? Or Can I go with B85 itself?

a b à CPUs
May 25, 2014 1:58:31 AM

If there is any branded motherboards apart from Gigabyte, please list it down in this thread. Thanks in beforehand.
m
0
l

Best solution

a c 158 à CPUs
May 25, 2014 2:04:04 AM

Asus H87, they offer the best boards for Haswell CPU's. A motherboard doesn't tend to effect gaming performance, so you can get a H81 board if you wanted to, as they don't lower FPS and limit performance. All you get with the more expensive boards and better chipsets is features, Multi-GPU configurations and Overclocking abilities, all of which you don't really need. All you need is one PCI-E X16 2.0/3.0 slot.
Share
Related resources
a b à CPUs
May 25, 2014 2:08:55 AM

unknownofprob said:
Asus H87, they offer the best boards for Haswell CPU's. A motherboard doesn't tend to effect gaming performance, so you can get a H81 board if you wanted to, as they don't lower FPS and limit performance. All you get with the more expensive boards and better chipsets is features, Multi-GPU configurations and Overclocking abilities, all of which you don't really need. All you need is one PCI-E X16 2.0/3.0 slot.


Thanks for your great help. H81 will suit my needs then.
m
0
l
a c 158 à CPUs
May 25, 2014 2:09:29 AM

yes, Asus is the best of which supplier.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
May 25, 2014 2:27:46 AM

unknownofprob said:
yes, Asus is the best of which supplier.


Final Question: Is it possible to select both of your answers as BEST SOLUTION? :p 
m
0
l
a c 158 à CPUs
May 25, 2014 2:31:29 AM

nope, only one.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
May 25, 2014 2:32:54 AM

unknownofprob said:
nope, only one.


Okay, you got one ^_^
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
May 25, 2014 2:39:34 AM

Why not choose the Asus H87? However, the H87 is better.
m
0
l
a c 158 à CPUs
May 25, 2014 2:41:14 AM

that makes no sense.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
May 25, 2014 2:49:18 AM

Actually that makes sense when choosing between gigabyte and asus but in terms of gaming it does not makes any sense.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
May 25, 2014 2:52:04 AM

sourodip said:
Why not choose the Asus H87? However, the H87 is better.


I can understand that, mate. But I'm not into overclocking and crossfire/SLI. So, why do I need H87 when I have everything with H81?

And hey by the way, does H81 have USB 3.0 Support?
m
0
l
a c 158 à CPUs
May 25, 2014 2:56:48 AM

sourodip said:
Actually that makes sense when choosing between gigabyte and asus but in terms of gaming it does not makes any sense.


The way you worded it sounds wrong, "Why not choose the Asus H87? However, the H87 is better.", they are both H87!

H81 does have USB 3.0 support.

Asus have better quality PCB's and tend to run best on an Asus board.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
May 25, 2014 3:09:48 AM

What made me sound wrong? If i had to choose between the two H87's, of course i'd have chosen the asus one. I'm not talking about the H81.
What do u mean by"Asus have better quality PCB's and tend to run best on an Asus board" ? Asus has been voted the best gaming hardware vendor in 2013. So, everyone does not use asus boards and asus gpu, does they?
m
0
l
August 11, 2014 1:27:22 AM

Ok any board that doesn't have a Z at the front of its number set for Intel, does NOT support overclocking. H81, H85, B85 etc. Cannot overclock. Z87, Z97 etc, overclock YES. Any manufacturer at the moment. (with the exception of ASUS who is trying to bring H boards that overclock to market. Intel has the final word though..) So that should factor your decision as well if you are choosing to overclock someday
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
August 14, 2014 11:47:05 PM

JrPgFaN83 said:
Ok any board that doesn't have a Z at the front of its number set for Intel, does NOT support overclocking. H81, H85, B85 etc. Cannot overclock. Z87, Z97 etc, overclock YES. Any manufacturer at the moment. (with the exception of ASUS who is trying to bring H boards that overclock to market. Intel has the final word though..) So that should factor your decision as well if you are choosing to overclock someday


Yep. Well... I don't prefer overclocking my rig. So, I stayed with H87M-D3H gigabyte.
m
0
l
August 16, 2014 4:24:43 AM

MostWantedSoulRider said:
JrPgFaN83 said:
Ok any board that doesn't have a Z at the front of its number set for Intel, does NOT support overclocking. H81, H85, B85 etc. Cannot overclock. Z87, Z97 etc, overclock YES. Any manufacturer at the moment. (with the exception of ASUS who is trying to bring H boards that overclock to market. Intel has the final word though..) So that should factor your decision as well if you are choosing to overclock someday


Yep. Well... I don't prefer overclocking my rig. So, I stayed with H87M-D3H gigabyte.




Well I was just throwing the knowledge out there. It doesn't matter to me what anyone chooses.

m
0
l
!