Solved

Can someone do me a favor and connect to my ftp server and download a file then tell me how fast it was?

I only have one way of connecting to the internet so I don't know how fast my FTP data transfers are over the internet. All you have to do is download any file I have like 350 rock songs and some movies.

Here's my server ftp://24.214.107.220:21

the username and password are both codyw1996????

It's read only so you can't modify any of my personal stuff. You can only download it
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about favor connect ftp server download file fast
  1. Go to another pc and do it yourself. We don't know what mischief you might be up to.
  2. i7Baby said:
    Go to another pc and do it yourself. We don't know what mischief you might be up to.


    No mischief I'm just excited and I'm a little impatient to wait until the morning to walk down to the library or something this is the first time i've actually opened port 21 effectively i've been messing around with my router for a few days i'm just trying to see if it's accessible to the outside world you don't have to download anything jut let me know if it's accessible.
  3. It's about about 416kbps PEAK with around 384kbps AVERAGE.
    Had no problems accessing the ftp server.

    i7Baby is being cautious, in the past people have posted malicious materials such as child pornography and malware, so it's just a bit of caution that's all.
  4. hairystuff said:
    It's about about 416kbps PEAK with around 384kbps AVERAGE.


    Thanks. Your IP indicates that you're in or very near London. Then again if your using a VPN or Tor you could be on the moon for all I know.
  5. Best answer
    I'm located in Birmingham, UK, with horrible horrible Sky ADSL (soon to be switched), no need to TOR or VPN.

    Try this website for an accurate IP address location:
    http://www.whatsmyip.org/ip-geo-location/
  6. hairystuff said:
    I'm located in Birmingham, UK, with horrible horrible Sky ADSL (soon to be switched), no need to TOR or VPN.


    Yeah don't think i'm a weird stalker or anything I just think it's cool that you can connect to my computer from thousands of miles away. Thats the only reason I looked up your ip.
  7. Plus sharing video and music is illegal, unless you just plan to access them yourself when out of the house and you have the original media, which in the UK you allowed to do, called media shifting without breaking copyright, making backups is still illegal.
  8. I don't think that, it's a learning experience with bits of curiosity chucked in.
  9. das_stig said:
    Plus sharing video and music is illegal, unless you just plan to access them yourself when out of the house and you have the original media, which in the UK you allowed to do, called media shifting without breaking copyright, making backups is still illegal.


    I scan all my ebooks and rip all of my songs and movies.
Ask a new question

Read More

FTP Networking Servers Connection Internet Download