Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

gaming rig build advice please..

Last response: in Components
Share
May 25, 2014 9:08:03 AM

hello guys,

i'm trying to build my own super cost-efficient gaming rig. i just want you guys to check on these components i chose myself which i dont have much knowledge about these things. *sorry for my bad english. im not a native speaker*

CPU: AMD FX6300
MOBO: Asrock 990x Extreme3 / SABERTOOTH 990X R2.0
MEMORY: AEGIS 8GB DDR3
STORAGE: WD 1TB Cavier
GPU: SAPPHIRE R7 240 1GB GDDR5
CHASIS: CoolerMaster Prodigy Window
PSU: Seasonic S12II-620
ODD: Asus Liteon Internal 24x DVDRW

*approximate price USD700(with sabertooth) and USD600(with asrock). i convert MYR to USD and round them.

give some thoughts about this build and suggest me if there is better component with the same price.

about the mobo, my friend said it's better to buy a high-end mobo in the first place. no idea why. so is asrock is enough or should i get that sabertooth or, is there any better replacement? cost-effeicient is prioritized.

games preference : Dota 2, COD : Ghost, Ghost Recon Future Soldier, Assassin Creed, or maybe even WatchDog and Titanfall.

i prefer high FPS over graphic quality. so Low and Medium setting is okay.

Thanks for the help!
a b 4 Gaming
a b V Motherboard
a b } Memory
May 25, 2014 9:11:42 AM

I would get the ASRock and spend the extra 100 on a better graphics card even if you dont care about graphics the R7 240 is a bit of a pig and will hurt the frame rate as well as the graphical quality. For watch dogs you will definatly want a better graphics card.
m
1
l
a b G Storage
a b V Motherboard
May 25, 2014 9:19:49 AM

100% agree with Dunlop0078!
m
1
l
Related resources
May 25, 2014 9:35:38 AM

Dunlop0078 said:
I would get the ASRock and spend the extra 100 on a better graphics card even if you dont care about graphics the R7 240 is a bit of a pig and will hurt the frame rate as well as the graphical quality. For watch dogs you will definatly want a better graphics card.


okay. how bout R7 260X OC 2GB DR5/128?
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b V Motherboard
a b } Memory
May 25, 2014 9:41:30 AM

GTX 750 ti OR R9 270x. Cheaper options would be the R9 260X or GTX 650. I would shop around read reviews and do some research.
m
1
l

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
a b V Motherboard
a b } Memory
May 25, 2014 9:44:11 AM

AQ MiDi said:
Dunlop0078 said:
I would get the ASRock and spend the extra 100 on a better graphics card even if you dont care about graphics the R7 240 is a bit of a pig and will hurt the frame rate as well as the graphical quality. For watch dogs you will definatly want a better graphics card.


okay. how bout R7 260X OC 2GB DR5/128?


That works. A big improvement from the other one you picked out.
Share
May 25, 2014 9:50:05 AM

Dunlop0078 said:
AQ MiDi said:
Dunlop0078 said:
I would get the ASRock and spend the extra 100 on a better graphics card even if you dont care about graphics the R7 240 is a bit of a pig and will hurt the frame rate as well as the graphical quality. For watch dogs you will definatly want a better graphics card.


okay. how bout R7 260X OC 2GB DR5/128?


That works. A big improvement from the other one you picked out.


okay thanks! so other components no problem aite?

m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b V Motherboard
a b } Memory
May 25, 2014 9:53:02 AM

Yup everything is compatible your all good.
m
0
l
May 25, 2014 9:56:17 AM

Dunlop0078 said:
Yup everything is compatible your all good.


okay big thanks! u have my gratitude :) 
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b V Motherboard
a b } Memory
May 25, 2014 10:07:37 AM

AQ MiDi said:
Dunlop0078 said:
Yup everything is compatible your all good.


okay big thanks! u have my gratitude :) 


No problem.
m
0
l
!