R9 290+Intel HD graphics?

MrPetya19

Honorable
Dec 15, 2013
Hi

I'm about to bulid a new pc. I want to use a R9 290 with an 4690K and an asrock z97 pro 4. I have two monitors. One 1080p with hdmi and i just bought an old proffesional monitor with the res of 1280x1024 and it has vga input only. The question is can i use the hd graphics for the old monitor and the amd one for the primary display? Or is it possible to run two different amd graphics cards in a system, because i want to overclock the cpu too and disableing the igp is gooad as i heard.

Solution
If you want to use the motherboard outputs, you have to enable igpu multi monitor. Some motherboard can do this. some can't.
You need to download the VGA drivers as well form the motherboard's drivers and support website.
E.g ASUS ROG BIOS has an option:
h26.png

MrPetya19

Honorable
Dec 15, 2013
So i can install the drivers for the hd graphics too and connect the vga monitor to the mobo? I think i won't overclock till stock speeds are enough or i will give a try to an active displayport-vga adapter.

If you want to use the motherboard outputs, you have to enable igpu multi monitor. Some motherboard can do this. some can't.
You need to download the VGA drivers as well form the motherboard's drivers and support website.
E.g ASUS ROG BIOS has an option:
h26.png

Solution

MrPetya19

Honorable
Dec 15, 2013

Thanks. I hope that the z97i-plus has this feature too.
I think the cheap vga screen will die before i have to oc my cpu, or i just find one with digital input from a big company.
(i bought this one from a bank for like no money)

dkulprit

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012

MOst of the r9 2xx series has a single dvi port that an adapter can be used on.

MrPetya19

Honorable
Dec 15, 2013

But not this.