Solved

First PC Build. Need final input.

Build a computer for everyday use that will also be used for editing/capturing game footage (elgato), stream, and do some gaming on it. Basically want to play dayz, not sure about anything else for now. My budget is about $900, trying to stay under that since i need a new monitor as well.

This is the part list i have compiled with help from others. Looking for a final once over. Trying to decide if I should change the mobo or get a different ssd. From what I read, the samsung ssd firmware can't be updated with that mobo for whatever reason. Plus, the crucial is only a 30 bucks more for 240gb.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3QCy2
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about build final input
  1. I like the build but I'd change the Case and PSU:
    Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Antec High Current Gamer 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
    Total: $109.98
  2. Go with envytype14's suggestion, and to make up for the price difference go with this 270

    http://pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-video-card-r9270acdfc

    You can overclock easily to the 270x's speed.
  3. RazerZ said:
    Go with envytype14's suggestion, and to make up for the price difference go with this 270

    http://pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-video-card-r9270acdfc

    You can overclock easily to the 270x's speed.



    Thanks envy14tpe i made those changes.

    Is it worth it though to stick with the 270x?
  4. Best answer
    stadanko said:
    RazerZ said:
    Go with envytype14's suggestion, and to make up for the price difference go with this 270

    http://pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-video-card-r9270acdfc

    You can overclock easily to the 270x's speed.


    Thanks envy14tpe i made those changes.

    Is it worth it though to stick with the 270x?


    I know my PSU change is more expensive but you don't want to destroy a $900 system, right? I think CX are great on a budget build system ~600. Otherwise, stick to higher quality PSUs.

    Also, I'd highly recommend the 270x. I know it is more expensive than the 270 but you can get great gaming results with it. This is the one you chose:
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 270X 2GB Dual-X Video Card ($189.99 @ TigerDirect)
    I own a Sapphire Dual-X (but 280x) and I am extremely impressed. Quiet, cool, and fast. I'd stay with that GPU.
  5. envy14tpe said:
    stadanko said:
    RazerZ said:
    Go with envytype14's suggestion, and to make up for the price difference go with this 270

    http://pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-video-card-r9270acdfc

    You can overclock easily to the 270x's speed.


    Thanks envy14tpe i made those changes.

    Is it worth it though to stick with the 270x?


    I know my PSU change is more expensive but you don't want to destroy a $900 system, right? I think CX are great on a budget build system ~600. Otherwise, stick to higher quality PSUs.

    Also, I'd highly recommend the 270x. I know it is more expensive than the 270 but you can get great gaming results with it. This is the one you chose:
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 270X 2GB Dual-X Video Card ($189.99 @ TigerDirect)
    I own a Sapphire Dual-X (but 280x) and I am extremely impressed. Quiet, cool, and fast. I'd stay with that GPU.


    Thanks. I'm going with those choices and keeping the gpu i originally selected.

    I did change to crucial 240gb ssd instead though, since I was alittle concerned from the two mobo reviews regarding samsung drives. I did just notice that mobo only supports 2 sata devices, I may want to add atleast another hdd down the road. Any suggestions for a mobo in the same price point?

    edit: i'm a derp. nevermind.
  6. The GA-B85M-DS3H supports up to 6 SATA. It supports 4 SATA III and 2 SATA II. So, you have more than enough space for adding HDDs. You could have 1 SSD and 5 HDDs. oops. I think that is what your "i'm a derp" meant.

    So what is the updated build?
  7. envy14tpe said:
    The GA-B85M-DS3H supports up to 6 SATA. It supports 4 SATA III and 2 SATA II. So, you have more than enough space for adding HDDs. You could have 1 SSD and 5 HDDs. oops. I think that is what your "i'm a derp" meant.

    So what is the updated build?


    Never got notified of new reply :??:

    anyways I went with all those suggestions. everyone went pretty ezpz until the operating system install, which has been a pain for the past two days.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Gaming Build Systems SSD