Solved

Going to shop tomorrow - Upgrading to a better gaming processor and mobo - Help Required

Right now, My PC Specs:

AMD FX 6300
M5A99FX Pro R2.0
R9 270X OC'ed
550w PSU

The Upgrade is going to be as follows:

i5 4570
Gigabyte Ga-H87-d3h (or) Asus H81-PLUS MotherBoard
R9 270X OC'ed (No Upgrade)
550W PSU (No Upgrade)

Made this thread few days ago but I've started again to confirm if the motherboard is powerful enough to handle the new high end PC games.
12 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about shop tomorrow upgrading gaming processor mobo required
  1. Anyone of them will be good for high end gaming since overclocking is not an issue choose the one which has the features which you require (like number of SATA ports , PCIe slots for crossfire ,etc)

    The performance in gaming will be judged by your CPU, GPU, RAM, etc
  2. maktovic said:
    Anyone of them will be good for high end gaming


    Nice to hear it. Anyway, do you got any other list of motherboards for i5 4570 that could price similar to the ones I mentioned in the main thread?
  3. maktovic said:
    The performance in gaming will be judged by your CPU, GPU, RAM, etc


    I don't overclock; I don't want crossfire. Then can I go little bit cheaper product then?
  4. MSI H87 G43 is also a pretty good mobo
    If you want a H87 mobo then Gigabyte GA-H87-D3H will be best for budget
    But I believe Asus makes solid Haswell boards. So if you find all the things you need in Asus H81 Plus, it will be bang for buck
  5. maktovic said:
    MSI H87 G43 is also a pretty good mobo
    If you want a H87 mobo then Gigabyte GA-H87-D3H will be best for budget
    But I believe Asus makes solid Haswell boards. So if you find all the things you need in Asus H81 Plus, it will be bang for buck


    Thank you so much for your info. But still there is a question in my mind, puzzling me so badly.

    If motherboard has no influence over high end pc games, why is z87 well known as gaming chipset?
  6. Z87 chipset is for CPU with unlocked core multiplier for overclocking of CPU only. They will offer no performance benefit for locked CPU like i5 4570.

    And I think Z87 is known as "Overclocking Chipset"
  7. maktovic said:
    Z87 chipset is for CPU with unlocked core multiplier for overclocking of CPU only. They will offer no performance benefit for locked CPU like i5 4570.

    And I think Z87 is known as "Overclocking Chipset"


    Alright. Then, Asus H81 PLUS will suit for my needs. Is that right?
  8. Best answer
    Yep Asus H81 Plus will be best.
    As I said if use Z87 mobo with i5 4570 you will get same performance as with H81/H87 mobo
  9. maktovic said:
    Yep Asus H81 Plus will be best.
    As I said if use Z87 mobo with i5 4570 you will get same performance as with H81/H87 mobo


    Thanks for your tips and facts.
  10. maktovic said:
    Yep Asus H81 Plus will be best.
    As I said if use Z87 mobo with i5 4570 you will get same performance as with H81/H87 mobo


    And Hey, One more thing. Is 550W PSU good-to-go for my new re-build?
  11. A good quality 550W PSU will be perfect.

    Actually your re-build system will consume few watts less.
  12. maktovic said:
    A good quality 550W PSU will be perfect.

    Actually your re-build system will consume few watts less.


    I'm happy now ^_^ Thanks for quick replies. I wanna select all your posts as BEST SOLUTION.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Processors Intel i5 AMD CPUs Motherboards