FX 8320 or 8350 with Seidon 120v or Evo212(with second CM blademaster fan) for moderate overclocking ?

Vulmaro

Distinguished
May 12, 2014
Hi people

My system:

Asus DC2 OC GTX 760

2x4gb Corsair 1600mhz cl 9 low profile

Gigabyte 970a-ud3p

Phenom II x4 965 BE

650w psu

So which one should I choose ? I will only overclock it without bumping the voltage. Still there isn't left evo 212 in my country, they always import 412s and tpc 812 instead of evo212 with nearly same price, I couldn't find it on second hand sale.

I don't have that much budget for better coolers, If you say that I should get 8350, I will try to increase my budget only for it.

And also do I have to get myself a chipset cooler ? I dont know that much about overclocking now but I only know If I buy the air cooler, the chipset cooler doesn't fit.
The only chipset that avaible in my country is XIGMATEK PORTER CN881 which has good price with performance they say

There may be a chance for me to buy better cooling system for higher overlocking, in the future. I am only talking about games.

Solution

Im saying that Xigmatek Porter CN881 is kinda small compared to the EVO 212, the size of the radiator is essentially how much heat it can dissipate...with that said, i think the cooling abilities will allow you a max overclock of 4.3 Ghz (with safe 24/7 temps) on the FX 8000 series CPU.

Im saying that Xigmatek Porter CN881 is kinda small compared to the EVO 212, the size of the radiator is essentially how much heat it can dissipate...with that said, i think the cooling abilities will allow you a max overclock of 4.3 Ghz (with safe 24/7 temps) on the FX 8000 series CPU.

Solution

Vulmaro

Distinguished
May 12, 2014

OK Thank you for your time, I could understand now. Would you suggest me to get a fan for the porter ?

ps: wrong word

if you decide on that get cougar or noctua fans, something with high cfm. I think the seidon would be a better choice though over the porter