Solved

Best Hard Drive For DxTory?

Hey guys! I am thinking about getting a separate hard drive to record 1080p video on. I'm Torn Between These Two:
1. http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Electronics-EVO-Series-2-5-Inch-MZ-7TE250BW/dp/B00E3W1726

2. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822236339
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about hard drive dxtory
  1. The Evo will give you HD videos with little to no frame loss. While the WD Blue will need you to lower the video quality to hold the frame rate up. I have a simalar set up to that, and I'll tell you that the WD will give you longer lower quality videos. And the Samsung will give you shorter higher quality videos. Its up to you.
  2. Mciahel said:
    The Evo will give you HD videos with little to no frame loss. While the WD Blue will need you to lower the video quality to hold the frame rate up. I have a simalar set up to that, and I'll tell you that the WD will give you longer lower quality videos. And the Samsung will give you shorter higher quality videos. Its up to you.


    How Long Will The Samsung Be Able To Record? My Videos Usually Have An Average Length Of 20 -30 Minutes.
  3. AndrewDEawesome said:
    Mciahel said:
    The Evo will give you HD videos with little to no frame loss. While the WD Blue will need you to lower the video quality to hold the frame rate up. I have a simalar set up to that, and I'll tell you that the WD will give you longer lower quality videos. And the Samsung will give you shorter higher quality videos. Its up to you.


    How Long Will The Samsung Be Able To Record? My Videos Usually Have An Average Length Of 20 -30 Minutes.


    How much space do you have now? And how what are your video settings?
  4. Mciahel said:
    AndrewDEawesome said:
    Mciahel said:
    The Evo will give you HD videos with little to no frame loss. While the WD Blue will need you to lower the video quality to hold the frame rate up. I have a simalar set up to that, and I'll tell you that the WD will give you longer lower quality videos. And the Samsung will give you shorter higher quality videos. Its up to you.


    How Long Will The Samsung Be Able To Record? My Videos Usually Have An Average Length Of 20 -30 Minutes.


    How much space do you have now? And how what are your video settings?


    I Record In Full 1920 x 1080 HD At 60 FPS. I Currently Have 1tb Of Storage And Use The x264vfw H.264/MPEG 4 AVC Codec. I Usualy Get Around 30-45 FPS
  5. Best answer
    AndrewDEawesome said:
    Mciahel said:
    AndrewDEawesome said:
    Mciahel said:
    The Evo will give you HD videos with little to no frame loss. While the WD Blue will need you to lower the video quality to hold the frame rate up. I have a simalar set up to that, and I'll tell you that the WD will give you longer lower quality videos. And the Samsung will give you shorter higher quality videos. Its up to you.


    How Long Will The Samsung Be Able To Record? My Videos Usually Have An Average Length Of 20 -30 Minutes.


    How much space do you have now? And how what are your video settings?


    I Record In Full 1920 x 1080 HD At 60 FPS. I Currently Have 1tb Of Storage And Use The x264vfw H.264/MPEG 4 AVC Codec. I Usualy Get Around 30-45 FPS


    Uhhhh...That if I remember right could give you an hour and a half? Or 3 hours. I can't remember how big MPEG4's are.

    Hopefully that helps :^)
  6. Thanks
  7. Why not use hardware capture thats built into the gtx760?
    http://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience/shadowplay
  8. popatim said:
    Why not use hardware capture thats built into the gtx760?
    http://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience/shadowplay


    I Prefer Dxtory, It Is An Actual Program And Files Work Better With Sony Vegas 13
  9. I'm pretty late on this answer, but I'll answer anyway. Do NOT get SSD for Dxtory recordings, it's a horrible idea. SSDs are not meant for such purpose and independent tests have shown that SSDs wear out significantly faster on YouTubers who use them for constant gameplay recordings. It's totally viable and recommended installing OS on a SSD and use fast, high capacity Hard Drive for recordings but not other way around.

    Western Digital Blue is.... alright HDD. But you should seriously consider investing a little more and getting Western Digital Black instead, it is significantly faster than Blue and is designed for video recording and editing purposes. It's one of the best fast and high capacity internal hard drives.
Ask a new question

Read More

Video Sabertooth Storage Hard Drives