Solved

How to fix a logical damaged USB drive! [RAW mode, non-accessable]

Wow got damn im so thrilled right now! I've been trying and trying for the past days, and I finally got it to work. I dont know if this "fix" works for everyone, but i can atleast share how I did.

I couldnt access my disk at all. It said 0MB, it was in RAW format, I couldnt format it, I couldnt run ANY disk error tool at all! NOTHING.

Connect your logically damaged usb drive.
Go to Device Manager, expand "Disk Drives", right click on your damaged disk and click Properties.
Go to the "Drivers" tab and click "Disable".
Replug/reconnect your damaged usb drive.
Find it in Device manager, and then enable it.

That's how I made it to work! Windows 7. :D The data is still there too. No data is lost. I just had 4 pictures in a folder, but they are there :o
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about fix logical damaged usb drive raw mode accessable
  1. Thanks! Good info! What you describe is one of the ways that people use for trouble-shooting devices.
  2. Best answer
    Ubrales said:
    Thanks! Good info! What you describe is one of the ways that people use for trouble-shooting devices.


    Yea, I know.. I was myself trouble-shooting the device... And that simple step recovered my whole USB drive, without loss of data... I cant figure it out how actually.. I tryed "uninstall" and such, but nop.. "Disable" and then "Enable" was the fix, lol :S

    If you like this post, I would appreciate a REP :D
  3. Alanthor said:
    Ubrales said:
    Thanks! Good info! What you describe is one of the ways that people use for trouble-shooting devices.


    Yea, I know.. I was myself trouble-shooting the device... And that simple step recovered my whole USB drive, without loss of data... I cant figure it out how actually.. I tryed "uninstall" and such, but nop.. "Disable" and then "Enable" was the fix, lol :S

    If you like this post, I would appreciate a REP :D


    "REP" - Sure! How do I do that?
  4. You got your first 'Best Answer' on this forum! Keep contributing!
  5. Thanks! :) It's my first "How to fix" announcement though. I have only been asking and having problems. But FINALLY! I am able to contribute! :D
  6. Alanthor said:
    Thanks! :) It's my first "How to fix" announcement though. I have only been asking and having problems. But FINALLY! I am able to contribute! :D


    Great! We appreciate your contributions!

    There is an old saying "The best way to learn a subject is to write a book on it!"
  7. Although... The usb drive has been write protected... xD I cant do shit with it :p
  8. I know this is old topic, but THIS SOLUTION really works. Thank you man! Other programs and software like Easeus couldn't do it.
Ask a new question

Read More

Storage World Of Warcraft USB Drive