Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Gaming PC Build Advice

Tags:
  • Gaming
  • Build
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
Share
May 28, 2014 1:18:40 PM

I have never built a PC before and after spending a lot of time looking at parts I have come up with this [http://pcpartpicker.com/p/kjHx23] build. I just want to know whether these parts are compatible and if the build will work properly. Thanks.

More about : gaming build advice

a b 4 Gaming
May 28, 2014 1:26:53 PM

you should have no problem putting that build together. i would recommend you drop to 500w psu it is more than enough you do not need 600w because you are not going to be overclocking and if you can get some extra cash throw in a ssd at least to boot windows off of it
m
0
l
May 28, 2014 2:25:37 PM

d4v0 said:
you should have no problem putting that build together. i would recommend you drop to 500w psu it is more than enough you do not need 600w because you are not going to be overclocking and if you can get some extra cash throw in a ssd at least to boot windows off of it


What if I got a 240 gb Sata 3 Kingston SSD [http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...] and used my seagate 500gb external harddrive [http://www.cnet.com/products/seagate-freeagent-goflex-p...]
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
May 28, 2014 2:31:02 PM

jat628 said:
d4v0 said:
you should have no problem putting that build together. i would recommend you drop to 500w psu it is more than enough you do not need 600w because you are not going to be overclocking and if you can get some extra cash throw in a ssd at least to boot windows off of it


What if I got a 240 gb Sata 3 Kingston SSD [http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...] and used my seagate 500gb external harddrive [http://www.cnet.com/products/seagate-freeagent-goflex-p...]


get 250gb samsung EVO its like $140 and yes you can use your seagate external drive but i would also recommen at least another 500gb internal hdd cause external games if you install games on it they would not run as well as they are installed on a internal hdd
m
0
l
May 28, 2014 3:05:31 PM

Couldn't I just keep games and operating system on the ssd and other stuff on the harddrive? I hardly use over 350 gb on this computer anyway.
m
0
l

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
May 30, 2014 7:56:13 AM

jat628 said:
Couldn't I just keep games and operating system on the ssd and other stuff on the harddrive? I hardly use over 350 gb on this computer anyway.


yes of course you can if you talking about files like text documents, mp3s, videos etc yes you can keep it on the external hdd but don't install programs and games on the external hdd that you are intending to use more often...use the ssd for the os and the games but i would recommend you do not fill up the ssd all the way sometimes they slow down if you fill the whole ssd
Share
!