PC surround sound audio issue (HDMI)
I recently purchased a Denon AVR-E200 AV receiver for my 5.1 surround sound system. I want to connect the receiver to my PC via HDMI but when I do my PC thinks I have another display. The only time I can get audio is if my PC thinks that I have this display. I get no audio if I disconnect the "display" however. I am stuck because I need audio but I don't want to constantly be loosing my cursor in the display that my PC thinks is there. Sorry if this made no sense. Is there a way to tell my PC to only send audio through the HDMI cable. The cable is inserted into my NVidea Geforce 760. Thanks so much!
badman1972 said:Right click on the speaker icon in task bar and select play back devices, in the pop up window right click on the HDMI device and set as default device.
THIS is probably the correct method.
You may have some weird glitch hence the 2nd display and cursor issue but let's try this->
1) NVidia drivers are up to date (from NVidia site)
2) HDMI cable between receiver and graphics card
3) Reboot PC
4) right-click audio icon in System Tray (lower right)-> "Playback Devices"-> "playback"-> "NVidia HDMI output"->
5) set as DEFAULT then test
6) If display issue persists, try to uncheck any 2nd "monitor" in the NVidia Control Panel
- NVidia Control Panel-> Display-> Adjust desktop size and position-> choose "ASPECT RATIO" and "GPU" scaling and save.
- "Set up Digital Audio" in the NCP should also work to assign the HDMI audio.
- ADAPTIVE VSYNC is a great tool for some games (I use it for most games that I want to use VSYNC for. Read more about it. One drawback due to the way it works is cut scenes often have screen TEARING.) Anyway, setup is under "Manage 3D Settings" and if the game isn't in the list yet then simply Open/Close the game, click "ADD" and it should be at the top of the list that appears.
- I'm unsure if your RECEIVER has the capability to show up separately in the audio device section. I still think "NVidia HDMI" is probably the best method.
- Read your receiver MANUAL to see if any PC-specific recommendations exist.
- *Your receiver can apparently update it's FIRMWARE if it has a network connection. Look into that if you haven't yet.