HD 7770 Displayport Black Screen even when its the only monitor and cant get 3 screens working

Baadier

Reputable
May 30, 2014
I tried posting this to the Sapphire forums and havent had a single response in over a week. My problem is as follows:

I have tried more than a few things to get my 3rd monitor setup but for the life of me it just wont work. The specs are as follows:

Main Hardware Information:
CPU (Intel i5-4670 CPU @ 3.4GHz)
RAM (8GB)
Motherboard (ASUS B85M-G)
Video Card (Sapphire 1GB HD 7770 Overclocked Edition Vapor-X)
PSU (Corsair Builder Series CX500 500W 80** High Performance Power Supply)

Other Hardware Information :
Monitor: 2 x Dell S2340L
1 x Samsung SyncMaster S23B370

Software Information:
Operating System : Windows 8.1 Pro
Video Card Drivers in Use: ( AMD 14.100.0.0 )

The story is as follows;

I had the 2 Dell monitors setup in dual screen and then purchased the 3rd monitor. Only after setting it up did I realise that I needed to use the DP to make it work. None of the monitors support DP, they only have ports for VGA and HDMI.

I purchased a display port adaptor which was passive and not active so that didnt work. I then went and bought one of the adaptors recommened for EyeInfinity by AMD at http://support.amd.com/en-us/recomme...inity-adapters and ended up with the B086B-001B instead of the B086B-003B which I then sent back to Amazon.

Long story short, I found a local supplier in South Africa who has the Sapphire Tech Active DisplayPort to Single-Link DVI adaptor and I purchased it from here https://www.nivo.co.za/#buy~sapphire...r.cable~p28145

The screen remains blank when plugged in however. I hear the Windows sound to recognise the new "hardware" but nothing appears on the screen even when the displayport is the only monitor active. When the other 2 screens are active then the displayport screen remains blank and the others work though it does pick up as having the screen their.

I am using a DVI to VGA cable.

I would love to get this sorted please help!