Solved

FPS in game drop suddenly

I am trying to play Archeage alpha but the game stutters and stalls every few seconds and the FPS suddenly drops from around 47 to less than 5 and then back up again. What could be causing this? My specs are
Athlon X4 750K Trinity 3.4ghz
Radeon HD 7950 3GB
8GB RAM 1600
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about fps game drop suddenly
  1. Well if ArchAge alpha is your only issue, you are best off to take it to the forums there. (I am assuming they have one)
  2. Nordein said:
    Well if ArchAge alpha is your only issue, you are best off to take it to the forums there. (I am assuming they have one)


    Honestly, I haven't tried to play any other games as this is the only one I have installed right now. I have the latest driver and have made sure nothing is running in the background. Im assuming its a problem with the system and not the game.
  3. deadtom said:
    Nordein said:
    Well if ArchAge alpha is your only issue, you are best off to take it to the forums there. (I am assuming they have one)


    Honestly, I haven't tried to play any other games as this is the only one I have installed right now. I have the latest driver and have made sure nothing is running in the background. Im assuming its a problem with the system and not the game.


    Test out some other games that will stress your rig to help pinpoint if it is a optimization issue with ArchAge or your hardware.
  4. Nordein said:
    deadtom said:
    Nordein said:
    Well if ArchAge alpha is your only issue, you are best off to take it to the forums there. (I am assuming they have one)


    Honestly, I haven't tried to play any other games as this is the only one I have installed right now. I have the latest driver and have made sure nothing is running in the background. Im assuming its a problem with the system and not the game.


    Test out some other games that will stress your rig to help pinpoint if it is a optimization issue with ArchAge or your hardware.


    Ok. I ran Heaven benchmark and it had no issues like i'm getting in the game and got a score of 1350 or something. Should I run another game anyway?
  5. Best answer
    deadtom said:
    Nordein said:
    deadtom said:
    Nordein said:
    Well if ArchAge alpha is your only issue, you are best off to take it to the forums there. (I am assuming they have one)


    Honestly, I haven't tried to play any other games as this is the only one I have installed right now. I have the latest driver and have made sure nothing is running in the background. Im assuming its a problem with the system and not the game.


    Test out some other games that will stress your rig to help pinpoint if it is a optimization issue with ArchAge or your hardware.


    Ok. I ran Heaven benchmark and it had no issues like i'm getting in the game and got a score of 1350 or something. Should I run another game anyway?


    Just to be safe I would stress test a few other games.
  6. Ok, thanks
  7. No problem dude. Come back with your results and we can discuss if there is any issue. :) Thanks for choosing me as the answer. (despite me being the only one) :p
Ask a new question

Read More

Games FPS Graphics