Solved

best budget am3 CPU cooler

Hey, I have a 4300 w/ the stock cooler and a ga78lmt-usb3 @4.2ghz and idles in the High 30's and under load at 60. I have a 2gb HD 7770 and my temps are great, but my PSU, fans, and GPU is so quiet, The CPU cooler needs to be changed out. I don't want too much overclocking, maybe 4.3ghz, and I'm looking at the arctic aalpine 64 pro rev 2.0, and my case is the rosewill ranger m with front 120mm fan and rear 80mm fans @7v.
13 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about budget am3 cpu cooler
  1. CoolerMaster 212 evo
  2. everyone will say teh same thing.. hyper 212 evo... end of story :)
  3. no votes for the Corsair H55?
  4. corroded said:
    no votes for the Corsair H55?


    With a $30 price tag its hard to beat the Evo. The H55 is a good water cooler though.
  5. lowriderflow said:
    everyone will say teh same thing.. hyper 212 evo... end of story :)


    I am not sure if it will fit in my case, and installing it will require removing my motherboard because my case has no cutout. Why not a hyper tx3? Also, install it seems kind of risky to me..
  6. lowriderflow said:
    everyone will say teh same thing.. hyper 212 evo... end of story :)


    n3cw4rr10r said:


    This fan is still 23mm bigger than mine, fairly cheap, pwm, and has great reviews where people say it's quiet http://www.amazon.com/ARCTIC-Alpine-Pro-Rev-Cooler/dp/B002CIDIPW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1401489244&sr=8-2&keywords=am3++cpu+cooler
  7. lowriderflow said:
    everyone will say teh same thing.. hyper 212 evo... end of story :)


    n3cw4rr10r said:


    This fan is still 23mm bigger than mine, fairly cheap, pwm, and has great reviews where people say it's quiet
    http://www.amazon.com/ARCTIC-Alpine-Pro-Rev-Cooler/dp/B002CIDIPW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1401489244&sr=8-2&keywords=am3++cpu+cooler
  8. The arctic one will work just fine if you are looking for a low profile cooler.
  9. n3cw4rr10r said:
    The arctic one will work just fine if you are looking for a low profile cooler.


    Do you think that ill be much more silent and easy to install?
  10. Best answer
    They are all pretty much the same when it comes to installing. Should take no more than 5 minutes.
  11. n3cw4rr10r said:
    They are all pretty much the same when it comes to installing. Should take no more than 5 minutes.


    The hyper 212 requires installing a back plate and then screwing in, while with this you just latch it in. Do you think noise and cooling will be sufficient?
  12. n3cw4rr10r said:
    They are all pretty much the same when it comes to installing. Should take no more than 5 minutes.


    I think I am pretty much final on the hyper tx3, I was not aware you don't need a backplate install,and I think buying the tower design is smarter. Buy it right or buy it twice right.
Ask a new question

Read More

Cooling CPUs