Solved

Best graphics card for 720p gaming?

I have a core 2 duo e7300 clocked at 2.66 ghz with 2 gb ram and an intel dg35ec mobo and a nvidia geforce 8400 gs. I want to upgrade my gpu. budget under 8000 rupees
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about graphics card 720p gaming
  1. tea urchin said:
    What power supply do you have?

    300 W, I think.
  2. Best answer
    Moman3521 said:
    I have a core 2 duo e7300 clocked at 2.66 ghz with 2 gb ram and an intel dg35ec mobo and a nvidia geforce 8400 gs. I want to upgrade my gpu. budget under 8000 rupees


    The general consensus seems to be the GTX 750ti. I asked this question recently, and although I am still struggling between the GTX 750ti and the GTX 760, the majority of respondents pushed hard for the GTX 750ti for being more than enough for 720p, and quite capable at 1080p.
  3. MrCanEHdian said:
    Moman3521 said:
    I have a core 2 duo e7300 clocked at 2.66 ghz with 2 gb ram and an intel dg35ec mobo and a nvidia geforce 8400 gs. I want to upgrade my gpu. budget under 8000 rupees


    The general consensus seems to be the GTX 750ti. I asked this question recently, and although I am still struggling between the GTX 750ti and the GTX 760, the majority of respondents pushed hard for the GTX 750ti for being more than enough for 720p, and quite capable at 1080p.

    What about bottlenecking?
  4. Yuno Fukkame said:
    XBOX ONE..... ZING!!!!!!!!!!


    This is the first comment I've seen that's anything like trolling.
  5. Moman3521 said:
    MrCanEHdian said:
    Moman3521 said:
    I have a core 2 duo e7300 clocked at 2.66 ghz with 2 gb ram and an intel dg35ec mobo and a nvidia geforce 8400 gs. I want to upgrade my gpu. budget under 8000 rupees


    The general consensus seems to be the GTX 750ti. I asked this question recently, and although I am still struggling between the GTX 750ti and the GTX 760, the majority of respondents pushed hard for the GTX 750ti for being more than enough for 720p, and quite capable at 1080p.

    What about bottlenecking?


    I tried helping, but my knowledge is pretty limited in this regard. I don't know a lot about old, dual CPUs, but I imagine the dual core CPU might be a bit of a bottleneck. That being said, I can't imagine it would be that enormous, especially if you overclocked the CPU, as someone else suggested.
  6. Thank you for helping me out. I think I'll wait for a while and save up for a new pc.
  7. Moman3521 said:
    Thank you for helping me out. I think I'll wait for a while and save up for a new pc.


    No problem, I'd save up for a quad core CPU or more, more being an AMD processor for a good price. After that, more RAM would probably be a good idea, although 2Gbs is so little, I don't know what could be done with that, since the more modern Windows OSs use almost that much I think.

    From what I've been told/read, the integrated GPU in an i5 or i7, the current best one is the Intel HD 4600, which can run games like BF4 in medium settings at solid frame rates. I would have to say, that's pretty amazing, a lot better than the dedicated GPU my laptop has. Since you'll be doing some serious upgrading, you may want to consider the fact the the igpu isn't half bad, at least, until you are ready to buy a dedicated card.
  8. MrCanEHdian said:
    Moman3521 said:
    I have a core 2 duo e7300 clocked at 2.66 ghz with 2 gb ram and an intel dg35ec mobo and a nvidia geforce 8400 gs. I want to upgrade my gpu. budget under 8000 rupees


    The general consensus seems to be the GTX 750ti. I asked this question recently, and although I am still struggling between the GTX 750ti and the GTX 760, the majority of respondents pushed hard for the GTX 750ti for being more than enough for 720p, and quite capable at 1080p.


    I got my brother the XFX R7-260X 2GBVRAM for $90 and he play on a 720p also and he can play every single game out right now including Far Cry 4, BF Hardline, and even plays the games that have the worst graphics and gameplay such as Assassins Creed Unity, Watch Dogs, and the Crew all at highest settings possible always getting 30-60FPS on every game we have thrown at it and he only has a duel core G2020. I know you probably ahve already bought your card but if not i would go with the one i got my brother as it is almost the same as the GTX 750Ti and so much cheaper.
  9. If its not too late you should check out the AMD A-series APU's they are pretty good for gaming. The flagship at the series can maintain 30+ fps in skyrim at 1080p...
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Intel Core RAM Graphics Graphics Cards