Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

first time building custom PC gaming help a noob

Last response: in Components
Share
May 30, 2014 11:04:36 PM

hi guys my budget for all PC without monitor 5000 USA dollar

i need some advice for building my PC my budget for video card 2000 USA dollar
what do u think do i should get
1- 2 AMD Radeon R9 290X crossfire
2- AMD Radeon R9 295X2
or do u have any suggestion for another video card and for processor should i get
1-Intel® Core™ i7 4960X Processor (6x 3.60GHz/15MB L3 Cache) .
2-AMD FX-9370 CPU (8x 4.40GHz/8MB L3 Cache).
and for 32 GB DDR3-2133 Memory Module should i get
1-G.SKILL Ripjaws X.
2-Corsair Vengeance.
for motherboard what do you think about
1-ASUS Crosshair V Formula -- AMD 990FX w/ 4x PCI-E 2.0 x16
power ibuypower advice to buy 1000 watt maybe i should buy 1200 watt because all the hardware

1-1000 Watt - Corsair RM1000 Power Supply - 80 PLUS Gold, Full Modular.
2-1200 Watt - Thermaltake Toughpower Grand TPG-1200M - 80 PLUS Gold, Full Modular
and for hard driver SSD or HHD

and i will be buying from ibuypower.com what do you think is there a better company out there mention it here or PM

More about : time building custom gaming noob

a b U Graphics card
a b À AMD
May 31, 2014 12:16:57 AM

How about you spend ¨just¨3k?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($339.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Water 3.0 Extreme 99.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Formula ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($289.79 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2400 Memory ($165.98 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($148.95 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 6GB Superclocked ACX Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($579.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 6GB Superclocked ACX Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($579.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Rosewill THOR V2-W ATX Full Tower Case ($149.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: XFX ProSeries 1050W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($179.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: LG WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Sound Card: HT Omega eClaro 24-bit 192 KHz Sound Card ($179.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $2984.61
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-05-31 03:15 EDT-0400)

That build is good for 4k gaming (3840 x 2160). Its overkill for anything less.
m
0
l
May 31, 2014 12:45:34 AM

filippi said:
How about you spend ¨just¨3k?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($339.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Water 3.0 Extreme 99.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Formula ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($289.79 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2400 Memory ($165.98 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($148.95 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 6GB Superclocked ACX Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($579.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 6GB Superclocked ACX Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($579.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Rosewill THOR V2-W ATX Full Tower Case ($149.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: XFX ProSeries 1050W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($179.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: LG WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Sound Card: HT Omega eClaro 24-bit 192 KHz Sound Card ($179.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $2984.61
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-05-31 03:15 EDT-0400)

That build is good for 4k gaming (3840 x 2160). Its overkill for anything less.


thanks for the reply filippi first i don't know how to build my PC by myself first time user PC and in my country they will rob me more if i built it here so i chose ibuypower.com to buy a custom PC or any other company offer this method and i will be buying this monitor
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IEZGWI2/ref=olp_pro...
m
0
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
a b À AMD
May 31, 2014 6:38:55 AM

Its a nice monitor.

Check out this build at cyberpowerpc:

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/cart/showcart.aspx?ref=upd


Its a 4k build great for 4k gaming :) 

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4820K Quad-Core 3.70 GHz 10MB Intel Smart Cache LGA2011 (All Venom OC Certified)
HDD: 250GB Samsung 840 EVO Series SATA-III 6.0Gb/s SSD - 540MB/s Read & 520MB/s Write [+113] (Single Drive)
MEMORY: 16GB (4GBx4) DDR3/2133MHz Quad Channel Memory [+139] (Corsair Vengeance [+29])
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Sabertooth X79 ATX w/ TUF Armor, SSD Caching, Intel GbLAN, 3 Gen3 PCIe x16, 2 PCIe x1, 1 PCI [+198]
SOUND: Creative Sound Blaster ZX 5.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCIe Sound Card w/Multi-channel surround, SBX Pro Studio, Sound Core3D Processor & Audio Control Module [+118]
VIDEO: AMD Radeon R9 295X2 Dual GPUs 8GB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 Video Card [+1653] (Major Brand Powered by AMD)

CAS: Corsair Obsidian 750D w/ USB 3.0, Full Side Panel Window [+81]
CASUPGRADE: 12in Liquid Neon Thunder Pattern Light [+15] (Blue Color)
CD: LG 16X Internal Blu-ray Burner, BD-RE, DVD+RW Combo Drive [+60] (Blue Color [+9])
CS_FAN: Enermax TB Apolish UCTA14N-BL 140mm Blue LED Fan [+39]
FAN: * Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid Cooling CPU Cooler - Extreme Performance CPU Cooler [+61] (Dual Enermax Enlobal Silent High Performance 120MM Fans (Push-Pull) [+29])
HDD2: 3TB (3TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [+124] (Single Drive)
KEYBOARD: AZZA Multimedia USB Gaming Keyboard
MOUSE: AZZA Optical 1600dpi Gaming Mouse with Weight Adjustable Cartridge
NOISEREDUCE1: Sound Absorbing Foam on Side, Top And Bottom panels [+29]
NOISEREDUCE2: Power Supply Gasket [+5]
NOISEREDUCE3: Anti-Vibration Fan Mounts [+9]
OS: Microsoft® Windows 8.1 (64-bit Edition) + Office 365 FREE 30 Days Trial [+104]
OVERCLOCK: Extreme OC (Extreme Overclock 20% or more) [+49]
POWERSUPPLY: 1,000 Watts - Corsair RM1000 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Fully Modular Ultra Quiet Power Supply [+159]
Share
a b U Graphics card
a b À AMD
May 31, 2014 7:16:47 AM

Here a very good option for 3k:

http://ecomm.dell.com/dellstore/basket.aspx?itemtype=CF...

Aurora Alienware Aurora Desktop
Operating System Windows® 8.1 Home Premium, 64Bit, English
Processors Intel® Core™ i7-4820K Processor (10M Cache, up to 3.90 GHz)
Memory 16GB (4 X 4GB) Quad Channel DDR3 at 1600MHz
Keyboard No Keyboard
Monitor No Monitor
Video Card Dual NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 780 graphics with 6GB total (2x 3GB) GDDR5 - NVIDIA SLI® Enabled
Hard Drive 3TB 7200 RPM SATA 6Gb/s
Chassis Alienware Aurora
Mouse No Mouse
AlienFX AlienFX Color, Quasar Blue
Adobe Reader Software Document Reader Included
Optical Drive Single Drive: 24X CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) w/double layer write capability
Sound Card Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio
Wireless No Wireless Included
Liquid Cooling Alienware Aurora with Standard Liquid Cooling
Avatar Alienhead 3D
Office Productivity Software Microsoft® Office Trial
Support for Your PC 1 Year Alienware Basic Support
Resource DVD Resource DVD Windows 8.1
Accessories FREE copy of “Watch_Dogs” with purchase of a GeForce® GTX 760 or greater GPU-powered desktop
Operating System Recovery Options Windows 8 Recovery Disk Not Included
m
0
l
May 31, 2014 8:33:13 AM

filippi said:
Its a nice monitor.

Check out this build at cyberpowerpc:

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/cart/showcart.aspx?ref=upd


Its a 4k build great for 4k gaming :) 

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4820K Quad-Core 3.70 GHz 10MB Intel Smart Cache LGA2011 (All Venom OC Certified)
HDD: 250GB Samsung 840 EVO Series SATA-III 6.0Gb/s SSD - 540MB/s Read & 520MB/s Write [+113] (Single Drive)
MEMORY: 16GB (4GBx4) DDR3/2133MHz Quad Channel Memory [+139] (Corsair Vengeance [+29])
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Sabertooth X79 ATX w/ TUF Armor, SSD Caching, Intel GbLAN, 3 Gen3 PCIe x16, 2 PCIe x1, 1 PCI [+198]
SOUND: Creative Sound Blaster ZX 5.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCIe Sound Card w/Multi-channel surround, SBX Pro Studio, Sound Core3D Processor & Audio Control Module [+118]
VIDEO: AMD Radeon R9 295X2 Dual GPUs 8GB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 Video Card [+1653] (Major Brand Powered by AMD)

CAS: Corsair Obsidian 750D w/ USB 3.0, Full Side Panel Window [+81]
CASUPGRADE: 12in Liquid Neon Thunder Pattern Light [+15] (Blue Color)
CD: LG 16X Internal Blu-ray Burner, BD-RE, DVD+RW Combo Drive [+60] (Blue Color [+9])
CS_FAN: Enermax TB Apolish UCTA14N-BL 140mm Blue LED Fan [+39]
FAN: * Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid Cooling CPU Cooler - Extreme Performance CPU Cooler [+61] (Dual Enermax Enlobal Silent High Performance 120MM Fans (Push-Pull) [+29])
HDD2: 3TB (3TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [+124] (Single Drive)
KEYBOARD: AZZA Multimedia USB Gaming Keyboard
MOUSE: AZZA Optical 1600dpi Gaming Mouse with Weight Adjustable Cartridge
NOISEREDUCE1: Sound Absorbing Foam on Side, Top And Bottom panels [+29]
NOISEREDUCE2: Power Supply Gasket [+5]
NOISEREDUCE3: Anti-Vibration Fan Mounts [+9]
OS: Microsoft® Windows 8.1 (64-bit Edition) + Office 365 FREE 30 Days Trial [+104]
OVERCLOCK: Extreme OC (Extreme Overclock 20% or more) [+49]
POWERSUPPLY: 1,000 Watts - Corsair RM1000 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Fully Modular Ultra Quiet Power Supply [+159]

thanks for the setup i am very happy :)  does memory help with fps
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
May 31, 2014 8:40:01 AM

coolbanana said:
filippi said:
Its a nice monitor.

Check out this build at cyberpowerpc:

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/cart/showcart.aspx?ref=upd


Its a 4k build great for 4k gaming :) 

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4820K Quad-Core 3.70 GHz 10MB Intel Smart Cache LGA2011 (All Venom OC Certified)
HDD: 250GB Samsung 840 EVO Series SATA-III 6.0Gb/s SSD - 540MB/s Read & 520MB/s Write [+113] (Single Drive)
MEMORY: 16GB (4GBx4) DDR3/2133MHz Quad Channel Memory [+139] (Corsair Vengeance [+29])
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Sabertooth X79 ATX w/ TUF Armor, SSD Caching, Intel GbLAN, 3 Gen3 PCIe x16, 2 PCIe x1, 1 PCI [+198]
SOUND: Creative Sound Blaster ZX 5.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCIe Sound Card w/Multi-channel surround, SBX Pro Studio, Sound Core3D Processor & Audio Control Module [+118]
VIDEO: AMD Radeon R9 295X2 Dual GPUs 8GB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 Video Card [+1653] (Major Brand Powered by AMD)

CAS: Corsair Obsidian 750D w/ USB 3.0, Full Side Panel Window [+81]
CASUPGRADE: 12in Liquid Neon Thunder Pattern Light [+15] (Blue Color)
CD: LG 16X Internal Blu-ray Burner, BD-RE, DVD+RW Combo Drive [+60] (Blue Color [+9])
CS_FAN: Enermax TB Apolish UCTA14N-BL 140mm Blue LED Fan [+39]
FAN: * Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid Cooling CPU Cooler - Extreme Performance CPU Cooler [+61] (Dual Enermax Enlobal Silent High Performance 120MM Fans (Push-Pull) [+29])
HDD2: 3TB (3TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [+124] (Single Drive)
KEYBOARD: AZZA Multimedia USB Gaming Keyboard
MOUSE: AZZA Optical 1600dpi Gaming Mouse with Weight Adjustable Cartridge
NOISEREDUCE1: Sound Absorbing Foam on Side, Top And Bottom panels [+29]
NOISEREDUCE2: Power Supply Gasket [+5]
NOISEREDUCE3: Anti-Vibration Fan Mounts [+9]
OS: Microsoft® Windows 8.1 (64-bit Edition) + Office 365 FREE 30 Days Trial [+104]
OVERCLOCK: Extreme OC (Extreme Overclock 20% or more) [+49]
POWERSUPPLY: 1,000 Watts - Corsair RM1000 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Fully Modular Ultra Quiet Power Supply [+159]

thanks for the setup i am very happy :)  does memory help with fps


If you mean memory speed, then no, you'd only get like a 1 fps difference between ddr3 1333MHz and ddr3 2800Mhz. If you mean memory size, 16gb will be enough for a long time.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
May 31, 2014 8:41:39 AM

I also advise buying a prebuilt computer as you could probably knock off 500$ by building it your own.
m
0
l
May 31, 2014 8:50:57 AM

pigsinspace72 said:
I also advise buying a prebuilt computer as you could probably knock off 500$ by building it your own.


i work 8 hours 7 days a week and i am beginner in PC i cannot build it myself not enough time what do u think about cyberpower.com there is negative and positive feedback from buyers or try another company
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
May 31, 2014 8:57:11 AM

coolbanana said:
pigsinspace72 said:
I also advise buying a prebuilt computer as you could probably knock off 500$ by building it your own.


i work 8 hours 7 days a week and i am beginner in PC i cannot build it myself not enough time what do u think about cyberpower.com there is negative and positive feedback from buyers or try another company


Not sure if i quite understand, you want a pc to game and therefore have time to game, but don't have time to build one?
m
0
l
!