4000 dollar custom cooled ITX build...

aarnav

Honorable
Feb 9, 2014
Yep that's right 4000 dollar... I need a screen (very good maybe 1600p not 4k as I cannot sli/crossfire) most probably wanna build in 250d.... I need the best bang for buck gaming pc as I am not planning to upgrade anytime soon.. Please leave 400 dollars in this build for the new z97 i7 4790k.... Water cooling is a must and I want push pull.. So please include fans.. The rad placements in the 250d is 240mm and 140.... I will also want mouse and keyboard.... I am thinking pump reservoir combo?. Even if you can provide the component list it's a great start... BUT REMEMBER MINI ITX.. I am open to other case suggestions... No prodigy please....

I need it ASAP

All help appreciated

I'll make a build, but before that:

1) I recommend the upcoming Asus ROG SWIFT. It's the best gaming monitor ever made as it uses G-Sync, and is 2560x1440.
http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/64586-week-nvidias-g-sync-monitor.html

Thus you need an NVIdia card.

2) i7-4790K not available yet so I'll use a similar CPU as placeholder.

3) SSD's don't affect gaming aside from loading times. I'll include one for the Operating System. If you want an SSD for games then just get a 2nd one. FYI, you can add a 2nd Steam folder so put Steam on a hard drive and games that would benefit (SKYRIM for example due to frequent loads) put those on an SSD.

4) Wait for high-end Maxwell?
- unfortunately no dates yet. Something like a GTX880 4GB card might be the way to go. Maxwell also uses much less power so heat dissipation in a small case is less problematic.

One option is to build the PC and use the iGPU or spare graphics card (if better than iGPU) while waiting. If two months roughly I'd definitely wait.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sscJt6

My BUILD is self-explanatory, however:

1. The Corsair 250D has no room for a push-pull config nor do you need it. Fans are included.

2. The proper setup for air flow is the radiator fans as INTAKE and the other case fans as EXHAUST. Normally that's reversed. Lots of info on the internet if you wish.

3. Didn't pick a mouse/keyboard, but I do recommend looking into a MECHANICAL keyboard. Cooler Master has some nice ones. The Logitech F710 is nice but may not suit your tastes.

Lots of reviews on Mice, but it's largely a personal taste.

4. Monitor: again, hold off for the upcoming Asus ROG SWIFT (G-SYNC) model which is roughly $800:
https://www.asus.com/us/News/xXtX0FNhXQWPrry7

$3000 should end up being the total roughly ($2000 PC, $800 monitor, $200 peripherals).

Other:
You do NOT have to actually game at the maximum resolution BTW. Even with a GTX780Ti there may be some games, perhaps Crysis 3, that make more sense at 1920x1080. The DESKTOP should always be the max resolution however, and you'll want to set DPI scaling to roughly 30% for 2560x1440, and use an addon like NoSquint (Firefox) to autoscale web pages.

G-Sync is not only is smoother with minimal lag, but it's also far easier to configure games as you don't have to worry about staying above a certain frame rate. You also get a better experience at a lower frame rate which will definitely help as games get more demanding in the future.

aarnav

Honorable
Feb 9, 2014
Hello sir... I am not a NOOB... I mentioned gaming build
First of all I do not need 16 gigs of ram.... And the water cooler there is not what I asked for... I asked for CUSTOM cooling and also you you go to hell with G-sync as I am not willing to spend a butt load on a monitor just so I cannot get an occasional lag... It's impossible with that gpu though... And guess what I wanna game at high RES.... And btw I have seen water cooled rigs in 250d... So please read the question,understand and then answer.. And anyone will appreciate a bit more ssd space.. As spending 4000$ I want a bit more than 120 gb of ssd space and a blueray drive is not nessecary.. I thought this forum was professional....

jshoop

Honorable
Jun 25, 2013

thats rude, his idea was great. simple and will provide exceptional performance.

heres my 2 cents:

you should choose a different motherboard. At the top of the motherboard is where you have to plug in the sata cables and 24 pin cable. a 240mm rad has to go there too. its gonna be a tight fit and will impede airflow. also, you can get a less expensive one that has the same quality.

id go with 16 gbs of ram because you have the budget too. theres only 2 ram slots on a mini itx board, why not just get 16gbs and not worry about upgrading in the future. especially since its in the budget. gaming or non gaming.

you wont be able to fit push pull into a 250d. theres not enough room.

the monitor he said is a 1440p monitor with great features. a 120hz refresh rate, 1440p, g-sync, 1ms response time, etc. you have the budget to get it too. your not gonna pay 1 grand on a pc and play on a crt monitor.

i think itd be best to get an aio cooler like the swiftech h220 and add a 120/140mm rad in front and add the gpu to the loop.

or you could go *with the really hard custom loop. i suggest doing what this person did: http://imgur.com/a/jbmfQ

heres a build: no peripherals included, those are personal preference. no monitor either, i'll leave that for your choice now

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/VHGrmG

*grammatical edit