Solved

R9 270x vs GTX 760 (both single and crossfire/sli)

I am building a computer used for gaming and video rendering maybe once in a while. I am maybe looking for high texture and frame rates so I can play nice and smoothly. Also, I am planning to crossfire/sli which ever one i get. Which one is good enough to run on its own now while playing demanding games such as battlefield 4? Also, I heard AMD drivers cause flickering, are they really that bad? Thanks
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 270x gtx 760 single crossfire sli
  1. I would go with the 760.
    http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1043?vs=1038
    Also nvidia SLI tends to work better than AMD's Xfire. at least right now.
  2. ChrisR83 said:
    I would go with the 760.
    http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1043?vs=1038
    Also nvidia SLI tends to work better than AMD's Xfire. at least right now.


    would 2GB video ram be good enough or should I go with 4GB?
  3. IMO 2gb will be enough if you are playing on a 1080p monitor, BF4 used about 2gb of ram, Watch Dogs uses more but it is still poorly optimized and hopefully they fix that soon. You really only need the more Vram if you are going to be playing on 1440p or higher. But if money is not an issue you can play it safe and grab the 4gb. My laptop has a 2gb 770m and I have no problems playing any game out right now.
  4. ChrisR83 said:
    IMO 2gb will be enough if you are playing on a 1080p monitor, BF4 used about 2gb of ram, Watch Dogs uses more but it is still poorly optimized and hopefully they fix that soon. You really only need the more Vram if you are going to be playing on 1440p or higher. But if money is not an issue you can play it safe and grab the 4gb. My laptop has a 2gb 770m and I have no problems playing any game out right now.


    Okay and since the r9 280x is the same price as the gtx 760 4gb would it be worth it to get that or stay with the 760?
  5. i would go for the gtx 760 why? is a stronger card, have more cuda cores and 2 gbs of vram is more than enough for 1080p gaming :D and you also have shadowplay, amd still doesnt have any response :/

    If you think this helped you please pick it as the answer xD
  6. dpaterno123 said:
    ChrisR83 said:
    IMO 2gb will be enough if you are playing on a 1080p monitor, BF4 used about 2gb of ram, Watch Dogs uses more but it is still poorly optimized and hopefully they fix that soon. You really only need the more Vram if you are going to be playing on 1440p or higher. But if money is not an issue you can play it safe and grab the 4gb. My laptop has a 2gb 770m and I have no problems playing any game out right now.


    Okay and since the r9 280x is the same price as the gtx 760 4gb would it be worth it to get that or stay with the 760?


    The 280X is closer in performance to the 770. If 2gb of vram isn't enough, i would definitely say go with the 280X, you will be getting more power for an extra $20.

    http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1038?vs=1041
  7. ChrisR83 said:
    dpaterno123 said:
    ChrisR83 said:
    IMO 2gb will be enough if you are playing on a 1080p monitor, BF4 used about 2gb of ram, Watch Dogs uses more but it is still poorly optimized and hopefully they fix that soon. You really only need the more Vram if you are going to be playing on 1440p or higher. But if money is not an issue you can play it safe and grab the 4gb. My laptop has a 2gb 770m and I have no problems playing any game out right now.


    Okay and since the r9 280x is the same price as the gtx 760 4gb would it be worth it to get that or stay with the 760?


    The 280X is closer in performance to the 770. If 2gb of vram isn't enough, i would definitely say go with the 280X, you will be getting more power for an extra $20.

    http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1038?vs=1041


    would 2gb vram be good enough to play on a 24 inch monitor at 1080p?
  8. Best answer
    the size of the display is completely irreleavant, a 99" 1080p monster will be just as hard to drive as a 24" 1080p, 2gb vram is more than enough, also when deciding between AMD and nvidia, there is only one thing to consider really...and that is do you want physx?...if the answer is yes then no option but to go for nvidia, if no, then amd cards will give you better price : performance, games that support physx http://www.geforce.co.uk/hardware/technology/physx/games

    EDIT: also, you mentioned that the 4gb and 2gb cost the same?...if they do, then no question get the 4gb
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia AMD Crossfire SLI Graphics Graphics Cards