$900 First Gaming PC Build

mckinstryt

Honorable
May 2, 2014
I will hopefully order my parts for my first build tonight or tomowwor. Is this build good? NO OC, also will the psu rail/handle fit in the haf 912. also, i do have a little more money ($15) to spend on case fans, however i dont know if the case needs it and since i wont OC.

Thanks in advance

Solution
The build is good the only thing i would recommend is saving up some money to buy a cooler the stock haswell cpu coolers aren't the best but since you won't be overclocking it should be alright. It never hurts to add fans in a system but for 15 dollars you can only afford 1 decent fan. You will enjoy the sytem

dominirican3351

Reputable
May 10, 2014
The build is good the only thing i would recommend is saving up some money to buy a cooler the stock haswell cpu coolers aren't the best but since you won't be overclocking it should be alright. It never hurts to add fans in a system but for 15 dollars you can only afford 1 decent fan. You will enjoy the sytem

Solution
I agree with dominirican, you should definitely get an AEM CPU cooler. I would suggest the EVO 212 for your budget. Also, look into an AMD processor. I am personally an Intel guy but builds below $1000 should generally look into AMD processors in my opinion. Good luck.

Colin Hartigan

Reputable
Mar 20, 2014

I have to disagree!! The 8350 may have more cores than the I5, but the I5 has way better single core performance. The 8350 has 4 physical cores and 4 virtual cores. The I5 has 4 cores but has way better single core performance whereas the 8350 has more cores but slower cores. Also look at the benchmarks the only way a 8350 performs better than an i5 is in games that really utilize all those core which hardly any games do or in rendering and intensive stuff. The I5 beats the 8350 in almost all games. Also off topic the am3+ socket is dead I mean its been around for awhile now and won't be much longer. i wouldn't put money into and old socket and processor that will not last as long as say a 4670

Colin I completely agree but keep in mind the 4670k is also about $40 more (depending on store).. Keep in mind the 4670k is only necassary for over clocking. He could get something like the 4570 instead which would match the price of the 8350.