Solved

Antec vs cooler master vs seasonic psu????

14 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about antec cooler master seasonic psu
  1. chimera201 said:

    430 w enuf or my build? also is this modular? but both the seasonic's are 80 plus certified its an eco product still i see no big diff. plz explain y dis 1 is better
  2. Yes 430W is enough for your build even with GTX 760. You won't find a modular PSU at that price range. Seasonic ECO series is discontinued , that means its old stock and they use cheap capacitors and cables aren't sleeved. And it can't be 80+ certified because its restricted to the 230V grid and 80+ Labs operate at 115V
  3. vp550 is a decent unit and seasonic eco 500 is a good one(not avaliable on US market) which i would recommend for running a gtx760 and be able to o/c it. the s12 ii is better overall unit but i consider 430w a bit low for such config.
    s12ii is also discontinued but that doesnt make it necessarily a bad unit!
  4. chris987 said:
    vp550 is a decent unit and seasonic eco 500 is a good one(not avaliable on US market) which i would recommend for running a gtx760 and be able to o/c it. the s12 ii is better overall unit but i consider 430w a bit low for such config.
    s12ii is also discontinued but that doesnt make it necessarily a bad unit!


    Seasonic S12II Bronze is not discontinued. I find it very funny when people say that GTX 750 Ti can run on 'any' PSU which is completely wrong and when they see a system with i7 and GTX 780 a 450W PSU suddenly becomes too less which is again completely wrong.
    http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Steam+Machine+Teardown/20473
  5. chris987 said:
    vp550 is a decent unit and seasonic eco 500 is a good one(not avaliable on US market) which i would recommend for running a gtx760 and be able to o/c it. the s12 ii is better overall unit but i consider 430w a bit low for such config.
    s12ii is also discontinued but that doesnt make it necessarily a bad unit!


    wat abt antec
  6. Akhil Potukuchi said:
    chris987 said:
    vp550 is a decent unit and seasonic eco 500 is a good one(not avaliable on US market) which i would recommend for running a gtx760 and be able to o/c it. the s12 ii is better overall unit but i consider 430w a bit low for such config.
    s12ii is also discontinued but that doesnt make it necessarily a bad unit!


    wat abt antec



    http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-1894370/antec-vp550-550w-sufficient.html
  7. @Akhil Potukuchi : I should say this - the labeled wattage is the least thing to be worried about a PSU
  8. VP550 ''Japanese caps (Nippon Chemi-Con, Rubycon, Nichicon) are used in the secondary side. This is the first time I see a low-priced PSU to use such high quality caps in the secondary'' from the review. it has its flaws but it is at lest a decent unit. it has a loud fan but since you are far from maxing it out you will be ok. did you read the review?
  9. chris987 said:
    Akhil Potukuchi said:
    chris987 said:
    vp550 is a decent unit and seasonic eco 500 is a good one(not avaliable on US market) which i would recommend for running a gtx760 and be able to o/c it. the s12 ii is better overall unit but i consider 430w a bit low for such config.
    s12ii is also discontinued but that doesnt make it necessarily a bad unit!


    wat abt antec



    http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-1894370/antec-vp550-550w-sufficient.html


    chris987 said:
    VP550 ''Japanese caps (Nippon Chemi-Con, Rubycon, Nichicon) are used in the secondary side. This is the first time I see a low-priced PSU to use such high quality caps in the secondary'' from the review. it has its flaws but it is at lest a decent unit. it has a loud fan but since you are far from maxing it out you will be ok. did you read the review?



    And the cx500 is it much better dan all of these. And i wont oc.
  10. Akhil Potukuchi said:
    chris987 said:
    Akhil Potukuchi said:
    chris987 said:
    vp550 is a decent unit and seasonic eco 500 is a good one(not avaliable on US market) which i would recommend for running a gtx760 and be able to o/c it. the s12 ii is better overall unit but i consider 430w a bit low for such config.
    s12ii is also discontinued but that doesnt make it necessarily a bad unit!


    wat abt antec



    http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-1894370/antec-vp550-550w-sufficient.html


    chris987 said:
    VP550 ''Japanese caps (Nippon Chemi-Con, Rubycon, Nichicon) are used in the secondary side. This is the first time I see a low-priced PSU to use such high quality caps in the secondary'' from the review. it has its flaws but it is at lest a decent unit. it has a loud fan but since you are far from maxing it out you will be ok. did you read the review?



    And the cx500 is it much better dan all of these. And i wont oc.



    no cx corsair isnt that good quality and isnt recommended. antec vp550 and seasonic eco 500 are far better in terms of quality.
  11. chris987 said:
    Akhil Potukuchi said:
    chris987 said:
    Akhil Potukuchi said:
    chris987 said:
    vp550 is a decent unit and seasonic eco 500 is a good one(not avaliable on US market) which i would recommend for running a gtx760 and be able to o/c it. the s12 ii is better overall unit but i consider 430w a bit low for such config.
    s12ii is also discontinued but that doesnt make it necessarily a bad unit!


    wat abt antec



    http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-1894370/antec-vp550-550w-sufficient.html


    chris987 said:
    VP550 ''Japanese caps (Nippon Chemi-Con, Rubycon, Nichicon) are used in the secondary side. This is the first time I see a low-priced PSU to use such high quality caps in the secondary'' from the review. it has its flaws but it is at lest a decent unit. it has a loud fan but since you are far from maxing it out you will be ok. did you read the review?



    And the cx500 is it much better dan all of these. And i wont oc.



    no cx corsair isnt that good quality and isnt recommended. antec vp550 and seasonic eco 500 are far better in terms of quality.


    i wwas charmed by the full log sleevves of corsair. so wich one antec or seasonic?
  12. Seasonic S12II Bronze 430 has full sleeves.

    See this build made by TomsHardware:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/build-your-own-budget-gaming-pc,3780.html
    A GTX 770 with a 450W PSU
    And the GPU is overclocked and benchmarked with different games and software


    Seasonic ECO series uses Teapo capacitors and only main ATX connector is sleeved
  13. Best answer
    both have the power to run your setup and any of the gpu's you mention as an upgrade, even if overclocked. i will leave that to your preferance.! (if you finally decide to upgrade to an even better gpu(280x/770) i would vote for the antec!)
Ask a new question

Read More

Cooler Master Antec Power Supplies Components Seasonic