Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Weird pop-up when I launch Battlefield 3/4

Last response: in Systems
Share
June 1, 2014 3:25:31 PM

When I launch Battlefield 3 which I just got or Battlefield 4 I get this pop-up.


Link below:
http://i60.tinypic.com/j9odw0.png
June 1, 2014 3:46:58 PM

Make sure you updated windows.
Make sure you update gpu drivers from the laptop's support and drivers website
m
0
l
June 2, 2014 2:53:34 PM

Suztera said:
Make sure you updated windows.
Make sure you update gpu drivers from the laptop's support and drivers website


Since I'm using an Asus g750 I would go to the Asus website?
Sorry I'm pretty new to all this.
m
0
l
Related resources
June 2, 2014 3:05:58 PM

Yes you do.
What Asus g750 do you have? There are different models. i can find the link for you.
m
0
l
June 2, 2014 6:45:39 PM

Suztera said:
Yes you do.
What Asus g750 do you have? There are different models. i can find the link for you.


I'm really sorry for the late reply! Was finishing a report. My model is G750JW. Thanks for the help.
m
0
l
June 3, 2014 3:00:04 AM

Here is the website: http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=G7...

I would only install anything that has been updated since from when you received your laptop.
Getting gpu drivers from Nvidia's own website is fine with your laptop.
Nvidia: http://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-uk

Also in your BF4 folders there should be a folder called Installer. Open that and find the folder "directx", then "redist" scroll down to find the DX setup and run it.
Here is an example of my BF4 folders: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\__Installer\directx\redist
m
0
l
June 3, 2014 5:31:52 PM

Suztera said:
Here is the website: http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=G7...

I would only install anything that has been updated since from when you received your laptop.
Getting gpu drivers from Nvidia's own website is fine with your laptop.
Nvidia: http://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-uk

Also in your BF4 folders there should be a folder called Installer. Open that and find the folder "directx", then "redist" scroll down to find the DX setup and run it.
Here is an example of my BF4 folders: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\__Installer\directx\redist



So I did everything you said and it still comes up with the same error message for both games. ):
Anything else I can try? It says something about an API problem but I don't know what that means?
m
0
l
June 5, 2014 3:33:54 PM

I tried installing that just now and still have the same results.
The only difference in the error pop-up now is the Driver version:

http://i61.tinypic.com/2exlq42.png

m
0
l

Best solution

June 5, 2014 3:38:56 PM

Did you change any language non-Unicode to Windows? Match it to the language you installed windows as.
Also what antivirus are you running?
Share
June 5, 2014 4:25:21 PM

Suztera said:
Did you change any language non-Unicode to Windows? Match it to the language you installed windows as.
Also what antivirus are you running?



Thank you so much, so I had to go in advanced settings and change my language back to English(US) I had it on Chinese(simplified) since I had downloaded Blade and Soul China Beta. Thanks for the time to help me out bro.
m
0
l
!