help please? hd 7870 voltage over limit 1.368 mV without OCing it

Rein Hart

Reputable
Jun 1, 2014
Hey I have asus hd 7870 dc2 v2 non top..with standard clock and never overclock it..my stock voltage is max at 1.219 mV but rarely when I've seen voltage at 1.368 mV??..is it just missread? Or problem with hardware??..vrm temp still normal at 70C just like usual..no flickering, artifact, or any other display issues while gaming..I only use one monitoring app btw hehehe..help me please..is it my hardware or misread? Is misread affect on hardware?

Rein Hart

Reputable
Jun 1, 2014
I was using gpu-z to monitor it...but so rarely happen..yesterday I was benchmarking and gaming all day..but no spike was found..my gpu was full load 100% but the voltage still normal...I checked my amd overdrive and no oc was active

Rein Hart

Reputable
Jun 1, 2014
Maybe..so even if I only use 1 monitoring application..misreading still might be happen? Ok thank you I will try to untick it..im so afraid my gpu couldn't handle such a voltage spike like that ._.

Rein Hart

Reputable
Jun 1, 2014
Oh yeah btw 1.368 mV only happen for a second and than back to normal..1.219 mV again..I tried to tracked the spike again for 2 day and it never happen again...I got 240C vrm temp for 1 second too lolol and I know that was just a misread..but for the voltage im still confuse..im still new and I hope it didnt cause bad things on my gpu..

it didn't! even for a small period of time on that voltage, no damage could have possible been done. You will be able to tell if damage was done, symptoms like dead pixels random lines and other sorts of weird display behaviors may be present, by the sounds of it your clear.

Rein Hart

Reputable
Jun 1, 2014
Aah okayyy...maybe Im too paranoid..because ive just got this card..lolol thanks for your information..I hope it just misread though..I thought misread could only happen when using two monitoring apps...

Shodoman

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2012
I'm also curious about this, i thought the max voltage you can give it is 1.3 when overclocking. At least that's what Afterburner and Trixx are showing. I have a Sapphire.

Rein Hart

Reputable
Jun 1, 2014
Aah okay woow 1.4v is kinda high...Yeah thats why I'm kinda panic when it goes to 1.368 mV..Although it was really happen or just a misread..my vrm temp was normal too..

Rein Hart

Reputable
Jun 1, 2014
Yeap I think i was just misread.. it should running around 1.2 v right..I try to use another monitoring tool and havent found any overvoltage again..I hope it doesn't show up again..its kinda annoying lolol..I never oc my card though

Latest posts