Solved

Need help on picking a budget gpu to run with my fx 6300

Need help picking a gpu under 200 dollars to run with a fx 6300 on a asus m5a97 mobo, 8gbs of gskill rip jaws ram,a 1Tb wd HDD, and a 500w corsair psu. i was thinking about the r7 260x but i want best bang for buck. i will mostly be buying parts from my local retail canada computers, so something from there would be good.
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about picking budget gpu run 6300
  1. get the 270X
    Although i'm always an Nvidia guy. this card would be the best for your situation: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150686
  2. Depends on how you want to go, for new, a 270x would probably be your best bet, of if you are willing to go used, I snagged a 280x on ebay for $175 recently. It was used but honestly who cares unless the person like overlocked the hell out of it maybe.
  3. bushcraftbrandon said:
    get the 270X
    Although i'm always an Nvidia guy. this card would be the best for your situation: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150686


    cylemmulo said:
    Depends on how you want to go, for new, a 270x would probably be your best bet, of if you are willing to go used, I snagged a 280x on ebay for $175 recently. It was used but honestly who cares unless the person like overlocked the hell out of it maybe.


    Im fairly new to computers, what does the double D mean in that card?
  4. It means double dissipation, basically it means it has 2 fans and that is all.
  5. cylemmulo said:
    It means double dissipation, basically it means it has 2 fans and that is all.


    I cant find a R9 270x for a good price for sale in Canada, do you think the R9 270 will do just as good? i have this one in mind. http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8689489&SRCCODE=CANWSHOPBOT&cm_mmc_o=2mHCjCmtB5_BfCjCVqHCjCdwwp&cpncode=27-334268179-2]
  6. Best answer
    Between the 270 and 270x it's not a huge difference, if it were like $20 i would go with a 270x but any more than that and I wouldn't pay the difference.
Ask a new question

Read More

GPUs Graphics