Solved

Is this case good enough to accommodate the Cooler Master Hyper Evo 12?

I am thinking to purchase the Corsair CC-9011041-WW Carbide Series 200R Windowed Compact ATX but it says that the maximum Cooler should be 160mm. Now the Cooler Master Hyper Evo 12 dimensions are as follows:

Dimension 120 x 80 x 159 mm (4.7 x 3.1 x 6.3 in)
Heat Sink Dimensions 116 x 51 x 159 mm (4.6 x 2.0 x 6.3 in)

Would this case be too much of a tight fit? If so, would I be better off with the Cooler Master N series 400 although it has bad cable management it can accommodate cpu cooler of 164mm. Does 4mm make the world of difference?

Finally, would there be any other Mid ATX case that you would recommend if the Corsair does not fit?
13 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about case good accommodate cooler master hyper evo
  1. I highly recommend the NZXT Phantom 410. It fits the CM Hyper 212 Evo too.
  2. IRONBATMAN said:
    I highly recommend the NZXT Phantom 410. It fits the CM Hyper 212 Evo too.


    That's a bit too expensive for what I am looking for. I am looking to spend no more than £55. Would you have any other recommendations?

    Would the Corsair I want be too much of a tight fit?
  3. IRONBATMAN said:


    Thanks but I'm trying to avoid all the glitzy led lights as much as possible. Can you recommend anything else around that price mark? (Is the Corsair I posted in the OP no good then?)
  4. I'm not too familiar with the cases you mentioned and their CPU cooler clearance, but I'm sure this would work fine
    http://www.scan.co.uk/products/fractal-design-core-3000-usb-30-black-mid-tower-performance-case-3x-silent-fans-w-o-psu
  5. IRONBATMAN said:
    I'm not too familiar with the cases you mentioned and their CPU cooler clearance, but I'm sure this would work fine
    http://www.scan.co.uk/products/fractal-design-core-3000-usb-30-black-mid-tower-performance-case-3x-silent-fans-w-o-psu


    That looks a nice case however the cpu cooler support is also 160mm which is exactly the same as the corsair I posted. The Hyper 212 Evo cooler is 159mm, so with only 1mm difference is this still fine?
  6. It should be fine. Anyway, if the heatsink does touch the side panel, I guess more heat gets dissipated quicker XD
  7. IRONBATMAN said:
    It should be fine. Anyway, if the heatsink does touch the side panel, I guess more heat gets dissipated quicker XD


    If it did touch the side panel would it not damage the heatsink/cpu?
  8. Why would it ?
  9. I haven't built a PC in years and I'm a complete novice when it comes to electrics :)

    So either case is fine then as they support up to 160mm cpu height. I really like that last case you recommended, am now torn between the two so thank you for your help!
  10. Best answer
    Don't worry, everyone has been a noob before, even I have. Watch this video for more help on the Core 3000
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eZnned9AcI
  11. IRONBATMAN said:
    Don't worry, everyone has been a noob before, even I have. Watch this video for more help on the Core 3000
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eZnned9AcI


    Excellent case will be buying that right now but just before I do, are their any additional fans that you recommend I should buy for it? Also, should I add another fan to the Hyper Evo 212 (will it fit?) to have the push-pull set up?

    EDIT:

    Should I buy the same fan (Silent Series R2 Case Fan) for the bottom or is it not needed with the 3 fans that come already installed? (top, rear, front)
  12. use 1 x 140mm for rear exhaust and 2 x 120mm for front intake, I believe these are the included fans. No need for a second fan since rear exhaust is so close. The best fans are made by Noctua , look out for them
Ask a new question

Read More

Cooler Master Evo Cooling Systems Corsair Cases ATX