Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

should i buy more ram?

Last response: in Memory
Share
June 2, 2014 9:33:09 PM

I have a Laptop HP G6-1318ax

It's configuaration is AMD 3305m,2 GB RAM,AMD 7450m Gpu.

My total ram is 1513 mb.
Whenever i try to run heavy apps like kzb.archiver or if i use internet or any games the ram gets full and i am unable to run any other software or even it frezzes when i try to open a local disk.however my cpu usage remain to 20-30 percent.
And i also noticed that my laptop temp is always 70C.
I don't think if i need to buy More RAM or not.If yes then pls suggest me 2GB RAM for my laptop around 1000 Rs.Thanx

More about : buy ram

a b D Laptop
a b } Memory
June 2, 2014 9:40:05 PM

what OS is it running?

is it 32-bit or 64-bit OS?

I would do at least 4GB and if you have a 64-bit OS 8GB would be great
m
0
l
June 2, 2014 9:45:29 PM

Emerald said:
what OS is it running?

is it 32-bit or 64-bit OS?

I would do at least 4GB and if you have a 64-bit OS 8GB would be great
I am using window 7.and it's 64-bit.

Is the low performance in games is because of low Ram?

and which ram should i buy?Don't have enough money as i am buying it on my pocket money.Will buy a DDR2 ram.

m
0
l
Related resources
a b D Laptop
a b } Memory
June 2, 2014 9:47:51 PM

It takes DDR3, not DDR2.

What is your budget.
m
0
l

Best solution

a b D Laptop
a b } Memory
June 2, 2014 9:48:24 PM

Well you have a couple of things to consider:

* Your CPU is dual core and a bit on the lower-end side of CPU's.
* Your iGPU (integrated GPU) consumes from 512 mb to 1 gb of your system RAM for it (not sure exactly how much, but it should show you in the BIOS how much you can use/adjust).

If you upgrade to at least 4 gb's of RAM you should free of some resources a little, so that would probably be your best bet. I don't think 8 gb's of RAM is going to help much over 4 gb's of RAM, but that will also depend on your OS. If you have a 64 bit OS (like Emerald mentioned) you should get at least 4 gb's of RAM. 8 gb's might be overkill for your setup, but you can decide on which option is best for you.
Share
June 2, 2014 9:52:12 PM

lunyone said:
Well you have a couple of things to consider:

* Your CPU is dual core and a bit on the lower-end side of CPU's.
* Your iGPU (integrated GPU) consumes from 512 mb to 1 gb of your system RAM for it (not sure exactly how much, but it should show you in the BIOS how much you can use/adjust).

If you upgrade to at least 4 gb's of RAM you should free of some resources a little, so that would probably be your best bet. I don't think 8 gb's of RAM is going to help much over 4 gb's of RAM, but that will also depend on your OS. If you have a 64 bit OS (like Emerald mentioned) you should get at least 4 gb's of RAM. 8 gb's might be overkill for your setup, but you can decide on which option is best for you.
Well as i stated earlier I' am on Windows 7 64-bit.Yes the GPU uses 512 MB ram for itself.
One more thing here is to consider that it is a dual gpu so it uses more Ram.However i don't use dual gpu.
Which DDR2 ram will be great for me.I think i can only upgrade to 8GB.


Edit - It has Dedicated Gpu.

m
0
l
June 2, 2014 9:56:28 PM

ThatVietGuy said:
It takes DDR3, not DDR2.

What is your budget.
I don't know howmuch it is in usd but it's 1000-1500RS. in INDIA. Maybe 20-25$.
m
0
l
a b D Laptop
a b } Memory
June 2, 2014 10:01:00 PM

Well I would get 4 gb's of DDR3 1600 mHz, if you can find it for your budget. Here in the U.S. it usually goes for about $40-60, depending on speeds.
m
0
l
June 2, 2014 10:09:35 PM

lunyone said:
Well I would get 4 gb's of DDR3 1600 mHz, if you can find it for your budget. Here in the U.S. it usually goes for about $40-60, depending on speeds.
Well 2GB of 1333 MHz Ram How much cost in US.
Do i need a specific model of ram for my laptop?


m
0
l
a b D Laptop
a b } Memory
June 2, 2014 10:44:42 PM

aakarshan said:
lunyone said:
Well I would get 4 gb's of DDR3 1600 mHz, if you can find it for your budget. Here in the U.S. it usually goes for about $40-60, depending on speeds.
Well 2GB of 1333 MHz Ram How much cost in US.
Do i need a specific model of ram for my laptop?




Not really. As long as it is running at 1.5v or less and is at least 2 x 2gb's (I'm assuming you have 2 RAM slots on the laptop) you should be fine. I prefer G.Skill, Corsair, Crucial, & Adata brands.
m
0
l
!