Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Alienware 14 750m i7 or MSI GE70 860M i5

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
June 2, 2014 11:20:56 PM

I made a post before but no one answered haha, so i kept doing research on laptops and finally narrowed down to 2 options.

My first option is the Alienware 14
it has a geforce GT 750m and a screen resolution of 1366 x 768
Core I7 4700MQ
8gb ram
7200rpm HDD

from the looks of it seems to be of better quality on the outside than the MSI, my problem is the weak gpu, but the resolution is small maybe it does not has problems at that resolution. And has a stronger CPU and faster HDD too, maybe it makes ups with that?? I dont now haha

My second option is the MSI GE70 Apache
NVIDIA Geforce GTX860M with 2GB GDDR5 VRAM a much stronger gpu and a resolution of 1080p
core i5 4200H
8gb ram
5400 rpm HDD

the laptop looks cool, but I feel the alienware is of better quality, but this one has a much stronger gpu and a bigger resolution, but weaker CPU and HDD. The Alienware also seems to be a little bit more portable, I go a lot to friends houses, but I just dont know which one to pick

I come from a gaming desktop, but i haven't had much time to be on my house, and its a pain to travel with that one.

which one should I pick??

help me out please I dont know that much about laptops and im about to throw my HP laptop through the window
June 2, 2014 11:23:56 PM

for gaming get the MSI as it has better GPU, you can also replace the HDD with a SDD, SDD brings better performance
m
0
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
June 2, 2014 11:26:15 PM

plast0000 said:
megagabobe1 said:
I made a post before but no one answered haha, so i kept doing research on laptops and finally narrowed down to 2 options.

My first option is the Alienware 14
it has a geforce GT 750m and a screen resolution of 1366 x 768
Core I7 4700MQ
8gb ram
7200rpm HDD

from the looks of it seems to be of better quality on the outside than the MSI, my problem is the weak gpu, but the resolution is small maybe it does not has problems at that resolution. And has a stronger CPU and faster HDD too, maybe it makes ups with that?? I dont now haha

My second option is the MSI GE70 Apache
NVIDIA Geforce GTX860M with 2GB GDDR5 VRAM a much stronger gpu and a resolution of 1080p
core i5 4200H
8gb ram
5400 rpm HDD

the laptop looks cool, but I feel the alienware is of better quality, but this one has a much stronger gpu and a bigger resolution, but weaker CPU and HDD. The Alienware also seems to be a little bit more portable, I go a lot to friends houses, but I just dont know which one to pick

I come from a gaming desktop, but i haven't had much time to be on my house, and its a pain to travel with that one.

which one should I pick??

help me out please I dont know that much about laptops and im about to throw my HP laptop through the window


if you will use it for gaming then get the MSI as it has better GPU, you can also replace the HDD with a SDD, SDD brings better performance


Thx for the reply, so the I7 over the i5 isnt going to make a big difference regarding gaming?? even though the i5 is dual core and the i7 is quad? can i add the SSD later and buy that one right now?
m
0
l
June 2, 2014 11:26:59 PM

megagabobe1 said:
plast0000 said:
megagabobe1 said:
I made a post before but no one answered haha, so i kept doing research on laptops and finally narrowed down to 2 options.

My first option is the Alienware 14
it has a geforce GT 750m and a screen resolution of 1366 x 768
Core I7 4700MQ
8gb ram
7200rpm HDD

from the looks of it seems to be of better quality on the outside than the MSI, my problem is the weak gpu, but the resolution is small maybe it does not has problems at that resolution. And has a stronger CPU and faster HDD too, maybe it makes ups with that?? I dont now haha

My second option is the MSI GE70 Apache
NVIDIA Geforce GTX860M with 2GB GDDR5 VRAM a much stronger gpu and a resolution of 1080p
core i5 4200H
8gb ram
5400 rpm HDD

the laptop looks cool, but I feel the alienware is of better quality, but this one has a much stronger gpu and a bigger resolution, but weaker CPU and HDD. The Alienware also seems to be a little bit more portable, I go a lot to friends houses, but I just dont know which one to pick

I come from a gaming desktop, but i haven't had much time to be on my house, and its a pain to travel with that one.

which one should I pick??

help me out please I dont know that much about laptops and im about to throw my HP laptop through the window


if you will use it for gaming then get the MSI as it has better GPU, you can also replace the HDD with a SDD, SDD brings better performance


Thx for the reply, so the I7 over the i5 isnt going to make a big difference regarding gaming?? even though the i5 is dual core and the i7 is quad? can i add the SSD later and buy that one right now?


you can replace the CPU, as it's not mounted to the board like the GPU
m
0
l
June 2, 2014 11:28:24 PM

my top budget is $1100, maybe you know a better laptop?? do i have the best options on the price range??, or the MSI is good enough
m
0
l
June 2, 2014 11:29:20 PM

plast0000 said:
megagabobe1 said:
plast0000 said:
megagabobe1 said:
I made a post before but no one answered haha, so i kept doing research on laptops and finally narrowed down to 2 options.

My first option is the Alienware 14
it has a geforce GT 750m and a screen resolution of 1366 x 768
Core I7 4700MQ
8gb ram
7200rpm HDD

from the looks of it seems to be of better quality on the outside than the MSI, my problem is the weak gpu, but the resolution is small maybe it does not has problems at that resolution. And has a stronger CPU and faster HDD too, maybe it makes ups with that?? I dont now haha

My second option is the MSI GE70 Apache
NVIDIA Geforce GTX860M with 2GB GDDR5 VRAM a much stronger gpu and a resolution of 1080p
core i5 4200H
8gb ram
5400 rpm HDD

the laptop looks cool, but I feel the alienware is of better quality, but this one has a much stronger gpu and a bigger resolution, but weaker CPU and HDD. The Alienware also seems to be a little bit more portable, I go a lot to friends houses, but I just dont know which one to pick

I come from a gaming desktop, but i haven't had much time to be on my house, and its a pain to travel with that one.

which one should I pick??

help me out please I dont know that much about laptops and im about to throw my HP laptop through the window


if you will use it for gaming then get the MSI as it has better GPU, you can also replace the HDD with a SDD, SDD brings better performance


Thx for the reply, so the I7 over the i5 isnt going to make a big difference regarding gaming?? even though the i5 is dual core and the i7 is quad? can i add the SSD later and buy that one right now?


you can replace the CPU, as it's not mounted to the board like the GPU


is the I5 enough for gaming (Starcraft 2, Diablo3, Watchdogs, Crysis3, Witcher2)
m
0
l
June 2, 2014 11:36:28 PM

megagabobe1 said:
my top budget is $1100, maybe you know a better laptop?? do i have the best options on the price range??, or the MSI is good enough

the MSI is good
I recommend you to keep looking
m
0
l
a b D Laptop
June 3, 2014 4:52:47 AM

in all honesty, I'd save another $50 and get the y50.
the MSI GE apache may have powerful specs, but the build quality, battery life and wifi chip aren't very good.
the alienware 14 is just underpowered and over priced.
m
0
l
June 3, 2014 10:10:42 AM

dasulman said:
in all honesty, I'd save another $50 and get the y50.
the MSI GE apache may have powerful specs, but the build quality, battery life and wifi chip aren't very good.
the alienware 14 is just underpowered and over priced.


damnn that Lenovo y50 looks sexy haha, I was reading that the problems with the wifi on the MSI can be fixed with a driver update. And after watching various videos on youtube, im torn between saving a little bit more for the Lenovo (a little bit over 100$) or getting the MSI., but since I live on Guatemala the taxes of getting stuff here are over 200$ with a 1000$ laptop
m
0
l
June 3, 2014 10:11:35 AM

if I lived on the united states I could easily get a 1300$ machine
m
0
l
June 3, 2014 10:17:07 AM

megagabobe1 said:
plast0000 said:
megagabobe1 said:
plast0000 said:
megagabobe1 said:
I made a post before but no one answered haha, so i kept doing research on laptops and finally narrowed down to 2 options.

My first option is the Alienware 14
it has a geforce GT 750m and a screen resolution of 1366 x 768
Core I7 4700MQ
8gb ram
7200rpm HDD

from the looks of it seems to be of better quality on the outside than the MSI, my problem is the weak gpu, but the resolution is small maybe it does not has problems at that resolution. And has a stronger CPU and faster HDD too, maybe it makes ups with that?? I dont now haha

My second option is the MSI GE70 Apache
NVIDIA Geforce GTX860M with 2GB GDDR5 VRAM a much stronger gpu and a resolution of 1080p
core i5 4200H
8gb ram
5400 rpm HDD

the laptop looks cool, but I feel the alienware is of better quality, but this one has a much stronger gpu and a bigger resolution, but weaker CPU and HDD. The Alienware also seems to be a little bit more portable, I go a lot to friends houses, but I just dont know which one to pick

I come from a gaming desktop, but i haven't had much time to be on my house, and its a pain to travel with that one.

which one should I pick??

help me out please I dont know that much about laptops and im about to throw my HP laptop through the window


if you will use it for gaming then get the MSI as it has better GPU, you can also replace the HDD with a SDD, SDD brings better performance


Thx for the reply, so the I7 over the i5 isnt going to make a big difference regarding gaming?? even though the i5 is dual core and the i7 is quad? can i add the SSD later and buy that one right now?


you can replace the CPU, as it's not mounted to the board like the GPU


is the I5 enough for gaming (Starcraft 2, Diablo3, Watchdogs, Crysis3, Witcher2)


Ues, this I5 model is perfect enough
m
0
l
a b D Laptop
June 3, 2014 11:42:16 AM

where you from?
m
0
l
June 3, 2014 2:32:54 PM

dasulman said:
where you from?


Guatemala, for example, the MSI would cost about 8500 on my currency, plus 1000 of taxes and like 600 of other taxes, bringing the price above 10,000, about 1282$ for a 1100$ computer.
m
0
l
June 3, 2014 7:37:25 PM

"Is the sager quality good, I had never heard of it before, and also found this one http://www.amazon.com/MSI-Destroyer-GX60-DESTROYER-280-... but im worried about the cpu "

I don't know, but that laptop has good specs
this MSI has lower CPU and GPU than the sager, but I also recommend AMD CPUs
m
0
l
a b D Laptop
June 4, 2014 1:03:07 AM

The sager has equivalent or better quality than the Apache pro.
SLI is good, if you can afford a cooling pad, and can put up with the crappy battery life.
however the SLI config in the model you linked is weaker than the apache pro and the sager 7358.
m
0
l
June 4, 2014 1:15:50 PM

dasulman said:
The sager has equivalent or better quality than the Apache pro.
SLI is good, if you can afford a cooling pad, and can put up with the crappy battery life.
however the SLI config in the model you linked is weaker than the apache pro and the sager 7358.


Thx for the reply, you know, its not just about the performance, I want to feel the quality on the laptop, I dont want to feel im handling my HP laptop but with better specs. I just found this one http://www.amazon.com/Alienware-ALW14-2500sLV-14-Inch-L...

I know its alienware, but a friend of mine has an alienware and it looks and feels fantastic, this one has a GTX 765m, core I5 4200M, 8GB RAM, 1TB Hard drive and a 80gb SSD in a 14" laptop, what do you think?
m
0
l
a b D Laptop
June 4, 2014 2:45:32 PM

765M is still a good 20-25% weaker.
the lenovo does use a brushed aluminium finish - so it's not a mickey mouse chassis, its pretty good, and the keyboard is also one of its strong points.
m
0
l

Best solution

a b D Laptop
June 5, 2014 2:49:19 PM

the sager.
Share
!