Solved

Recommendation for PSU

Hello, I need a good PSU to deal with FX-8350 and Asus MARS 760 dual gpu at full load max overcloack, i spent all my money on the graphic card and i have only 150 euro for a PSU
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about recommendation psu
  1. I'd suggest a 650W+ with 50+ amps on the 12v rail minimum. Some good ones ATM:

    -XFX TS or XTR series
    -SeaSonic G-series or X-series
    -EVGA Supernova G2
  2. Would defently get a 750W+ for this, especially with a overclock i'll say 850w wouldn't be bad either.
    150 euro is more than enough if you just find the right PSU!

    Would recommend you the XFX Proseries XXX edition 850W, it's just over 100 euro (taken from German prices, i don't know where you're from)
    here's a link to the german pricing, but atleast you can see the unit:
    http://de.pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-power-supply-p1850xxxb9

    The unit is very high quality as you can see on this Tier list, it's Tier one! So would call it a pretty good buy.
    PSU Tier list:
    http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-1804779/power-supply-unit-tier-list.html

    EDIT: The XFX Proseries XXX edition 750W would also be just fine, if you don't want to spend 100+ euro, then it's good too. :)
  3. I'm from Romania and i can't find any XFX psu...i know...it sucks....but i found a Antec High Current Gamer 850W ...the single problem is that the PSU is dual 12V rail (40amps each) can this psu handle an AMD FX8350 and Mars 760 dual gpu at full load?
  4. Grim015 said:
    I'm from Romania and i can't find any XFX psu...i know...it sucks....but i found a Antec High Current Gamer 850W ...the single problem is that the PSU is dual 12V rail (40amps each) can this psu handle an AMD FX8350 and Mars 760 dual gpu at full load?


    Yes that's fine, it's a Seasonic OEM.
  5. Scampi said:
    Grim015 said:
    I'm from Romania and i can't find any XFX psu...i know...it sucks....but i found a Antec High Current Gamer 850W ...the single problem is that the PSU is dual 12V rail (40amps each) can this psu handle an AMD FX8350 and Mars 760 dual gpu at full load?


    Yes that's fine, it's a Seasonic OEM.

    I hope it will suport it(i still have a doubt about the 40 amps rail, i dont know how many amps it require) but thanks for help:)
  6. Best answer
    Grim015 said:
    Scampi said:
    Grim015 said:
    I'm from Romania and i can't find any XFX psu...i know...it sucks....but i found a Antec High Current Gamer 850W ...the single problem is that the PSU is dual 12V rail (40amps each) can this psu handle an AMD FX8350 and Mars 760 dual gpu at full load?


    Yes that's fine, it's a Seasonic OEM.

    I hope it will suport it(i still have a doubt about the 40 amps rail, i dont know how many amps it require) but thanks for help:)



    If you use anywhere near what it offers, i'll eat that graphics card ;-)

    http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/asus_geforce_gtx_760_mars_review,7.html

    http://www.hardocp.com/article/2014/03/17/asus_rog_mars_760_video_card_review/8#.U43iMfldUpV
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Components