Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

CPU temp too hot?

Last response: in CPUs
Share
June 3, 2014 3:45:42 PM

The heatsink I am using can be found here.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...

Here are my computer specs.


Processor- I5 4570k 3.2GHz Quad-Core
RAM-8GB DDR3 Corsair XMS3
Graphics Card- Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 750TI 2GB GDDR5( I have two )
Motherboard- Asus Intel Z87-A

I am using realtemp, and my temperatures are going high as 100 degrees Celsius. I was thinking on replacing the thermal paste with artic freeze.
I don't think it's a problem with the heatsink, even though I don't trust the plastic pins...
Idle temps are around 60Celsius.

Though when I play a basic game it gets really hot, even though CPU usage is usually around 10%. I uploaded a video to youtube and during just that it got really got. With like %15 cpu usuage. Why is it getting so hot? Any solution to this?

More about : cpu temp hot

a b à CPUs
June 3, 2014 3:56:06 PM

thats strange because when a cpu temps reach to 100c it was supposed to automatically shut down
m
0
l
June 3, 2014 3:58:56 PM

The first core goes that far, the other ones are usually around 95 Celsius.
m
0
l
Related resources
a c 84 à CPUs
June 3, 2014 4:01:16 PM

WHat is the CPU temp not the core temps? also try using a different monitor to be sure it is not false readings. try HWmonitor.
m
0
l

Best solution

a b à CPUs
June 3, 2014 4:24:21 PM

for the temp while gaming, i think you uploaded the wrong picture. anyways from what i see, the reason that caused high temps beacause of the high voltage core, it's over 1.7!! have you ever overclocked your cpu ? you might want to take a look at settings in bios
Share
a b à CPUs
June 3, 2014 4:42:43 PM

something seriously wrong with your temps, risking damaging your CPU with prolonged usage. Check and recheck your cooler mounting and thermal paste. My I5 only got up to 70C running a burn test at 4.4GHz. Xeon (I7) with stock intel cooler only got up to 65C and 50C with Evo 212 cooler.
m
0
l
June 3, 2014 4:45:11 PM

Well I plan on replacing the heatsink with something better, also I will find something that doesn't use those cheap plastic pins.
I saw a lot of recommendations for artic freeze themal paste.

I am going down to tigerdirect tomorrow to see what they have in stock.
Any recommendations?(dont get too crazy)
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
June 3, 2014 4:45:19 PM

leeb2013 said:
something seriously wrong with your temps, risking damaging your CPU with prolonged usage. Check and recheck your cooler mounting and thermal paste. My I5 only got up to 70C running a burn test at 4.4GHz. Xeon (I7) with stock intel cooler only got up to 65C and 50C with Evo 212 cooler.


if you take a look closely in his screenshot, you will see that vcore is oddly high and thats what causes high temps. even reapply thermal paste or reseat the cooler wont help at all.
m
0
l
a c 84 à CPUs
June 3, 2014 4:48:11 PM

Drop the Vcore voltage. you are way over save limits. you have it at 1.76v. that CPU can get a really good OC with just 1.5v. You are going to burn out the CPU from voltage and heat.

Once again drop the CPU voltage! Stock voltage for that CPU should be between 1.2 and 1.4v
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
June 3, 2014 4:48:11 PM

wait is that vccin or vcore?! it seems like vccin but written as vcore?!
m
0
l
June 3, 2014 4:48:31 PM

Well any solution to this would be nice...I'd rather not have something burn up on me that I got like 3 weeks ago.
As it was pretty pricey.
m
0
l
June 3, 2014 4:48:22 PM

bgunner said:
Drop the Vcore voltage. you are way over save limits. you have it at 1.76v. that CPU can get a really good OC with just 1.5v. You are going to burn out the CPU from voltage and heat.

Once again drop the CPU voltage!

How do I do that?
m
0
l
June 3, 2014 4:52:49 PM

Also what do you recommend setting it to?
m
0
l
a c 84 à CPUs
June 3, 2014 4:54:08 PM

you need to enter the bios. when first starting, durring the splash screen press F2 or Delete to enter them. IN the bios there is a setting to lower and raise the Vcore voltage.

Try setting it to 1.3 to start with and stress test with Intel Burn test and Prime 95
m
0
l
June 3, 2014 5:01:44 PM

bgunner said:
you need to enter the bios. when first starting, durring the splash screen press F2 or Delete to enter them. IN the bios there is a setting to lower and raise the Vcore voltage.

Try setting it to 1.3 to start with and stress test with Intel Burn test and Prime 95


Kind of confusing on how this works inside the Asus Bios.
Mind helping?
m
0
l
a c 84 à CPUs
June 3, 2014 5:04:17 PM

With out me seeing the Bios itself It is hard to explain. If you have the manual in the manual it will tell you how to adjust it.
m
0
l
June 3, 2014 5:18:56 PM

Thanks for the help. I've currently set the Core Voltage override to 1.005.
I will mess with it a little(lower it) if I need to.
Though thanks a lot. This should fix my problem, but I do still plan on replacing the heatsink and getting better thermal paste.
Thanks!
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
June 3, 2014 5:20:45 PM

set vcore with adaptive mode for daily usage because override is for stress testing
m
0
l
!