Solved

PC Help me save money

Im contemplating if I should buy a new rig, or just start replacing parts in my current one however I dont know if its worth it or if my current pc can run the new video cards. Here is my current Pc's stats.
Motherboard: Asus P6T SE
CPU: Intel i7 920
Graphics Card: Amd Radeon 5700
Memory: 8gb(2 Ripsaws)
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about save money
  1. your pc is good enough you just need a better video card like gtx 760 or r9 270 and if you are really on budget then gtx 750ti is the sweet spot
  2. Could you recommend a video card that would work with my spec, trying to stay within 300$ range, A link would be preferable
  3. Go with a 280x for $260

    http://pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-video-card-r9280xtdfd

    Just make sure your PSU can handle it.
  4. PSU is that my power supply, currently have a 700w
  5. Rampingshop said:
    PSU is that my power supply, currently have a 700w


    Do you know the exact model?
  6. I would upgrade the PSU to a quality 650W unit so you have no problems.

    http://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-120pg0650gr

    The Xion model you have is known to deliver lower wattage than what is listed.
  7. RazerZ said:
    Rampingshop said:
    PSU is that my power supply, currently have a 700w


    Do you know the exact model?


    RazerZ said:
    I would upgrade the PSU to a quality 650W unit so you have no problems.

    http://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-120pg0650gr

    The Xion model you have is known to deliver lower wattage than what is listed.


    Thanks aton extremely helpful, and just do be clear the only upgrades that need to be made is my graphics cards and PSU, abd you recommend the 280x over the gtx series?
  8. Rampingshop said:
    RazerZ said:
    Rampingshop said:
    PSU is that my power supply, currently have a 700w


    Do you know the exact model?


    RazerZ said:
    I would upgrade the PSU to a quality 650W unit so you have no problems.

    http://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-120pg0650gr

    The Xion model you have is known to deliver lower wattage than what is listed.


    Thanks aton extremely helpful, and just do be clear the only upgrades that need to be made is my graphics cards and PSU, abd you recommend the 280x over the gtx series?


    It has more VRAM than a GTX 770 which can be usefeul for future games and it usually performs better than the 770 in most current games. It's also cheaper as well.
  9. RazerZ said:
    Rampingshop said:
    RazerZ said:
    Rampingshop said:
    PSU is that my power supply, currently have a 700w


    Do you know the exact model?


    RazerZ said:
    I would upgrade the PSU to a quality 650W unit so you have no problems.

    http://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-120pg0650gr

    The Xion model you have is known to deliver lower wattage than what is listed.


    Thanks aton extremely helpful, and just do be clear the only upgrades that need to be made is my graphics cards and PSU, abd you recommend the 280x over the gtx series?


    It has more VRAM than a GTX 770 which can be usefeul for future games and it usually performs better than the 770 in most current games. It's also cheaper as well.


    This is the one a friend had recommended, so Im better off with the R9 280x?
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130932&cm_re=graphics_cards_for_desktop-_-14-130-932-_-Product
  10. Best answer
    Rampingshop said:
    RazerZ said:
    Rampingshop said:
    RazerZ said:
    Rampingshop said:
    PSU is that my power supply, currently have a 700w


    Do you know the exact model?


    RazerZ said:
    I would upgrade the PSU to a quality 650W unit so you have no problems.

    http://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-120pg0650gr

    The Xion model you have is known to deliver lower wattage than what is listed.


    Thanks aton extremely helpful, and just do be clear the only upgrades that need to be made is my graphics cards and PSU, abd you recommend the 280x over the gtx series?


    It has more VRAM than a GTX 770 which can be usefeul for future games and it usually performs better than the 770 in most current games. It's also cheaper as well.


    This is the one a friend had recommended, so Im better off with the R9 280x?
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130932&cm_re=graphics_cards_for_desktop-_-14-130-932-_-Product


    Yes, you can't compare a 280x to a 760. The 280x performs at the same levels as the GTX 770 but it's cheaper.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Systems