R9 290 Vapor - X Accidental under clock!

Robredo

Reputable
Apr 21, 2014
Hello

Could anyone tell me whether or not I have caused permanent damage to my graphics card?
I newly downloaded Sapphire TriXX Utility and I was testing the performance and memory clock sliders by moving them left and right I unintentionally reset the sliders at approximately ¼ of the whole bar thinking it would reset back to stock but instead it resent my whole system and I got a blank screen. To make matters worse I ticked the “keep current setting” option so when I restarted the screen would repeatedly go blank. I solved the problem by going into safe mode were I uninstalled the program and then re-installed it.

Once I did that everything seemed fine I can’t notice any changes but have I done any permanent damage by moving both the performance and the memory clock sliders to well below stock figures ie to a level of ¼ of the whole bar?

Solution
I have done the same thing with my R9 290X, safe mode fixed the issue and no permanent damage is done, In otherwords no matter how far you slide'd that bar, your card is fine.

I have my R9 290X Clocked at 1295MHz core clock stable, temps reasonable under load and idle.
I have done the same thing with my R9 290X, safe mode fixed the issue and no permanent damage is done, In otherwords no matter how far you slide'd that bar, your card is fine.

I have my R9 290X Clocked at 1295MHz core clock stable, temps reasonable under load and idle.

Solution