RAM: Sniper 8GB (71.09)
HD: WD Blue 1TB (59.99)
GPU: GTX 760 (249.99)
PSU: CX600M (64.99)
Case: Corsair 200R (49.99)
No cpu cooler
No optical drive
Total: (780.03)

My question about compatibilty was with the cpu and motherboard. When searching through motherboards on newegg, and specifying 4th-generation under cpu type, the intel 9 series chipset are disqualified.
Figured this could be because of a few things: that newegg hasn't updated those categories/products and they are completely compatible, that the 4th-gen cpu and 9 series chipset boards are compatible but need a bios update, or that the 4th-gen cpu and 9 series chipset boards are incompatible.
This is a cheap motherboard, but figured the new gen. chipset would be better than 8 series. If anyone is knowledgeable about this I'd love info.

Also anything obvious that I missed on the build. Went for solid and reliable gaming, non-overclocked. Thanks.
June 4, 2014 3:26:12 PM

It's H97 -> socket LGA 1150 -> Compatible. Although it is compatible, I would check the new Z97 socket, it will be compatible with the new Haswell CPU released in a few months!

The rest of the build i see it quite compensed! Think in add an SSD unit after a few months if you can :D 
m
l
June 4, 2014 3:35:43 PM

juanjovargas said:
It's H97 -> socket LGA 1150 -> Compatible. Although it is compatible, I would check the new Z97 socket, it will be compatible with the new Haswell CPU released in a few months!

The rest of the build i see it quite compensed! Think in add an SSD unit after a few months if you can :D 

Thanks, an SSD was definitely on the list of future upgrades.

The H97 will not be compatible with new Haswell cpu's? And I didn't know they were making another refresh for Haswell. For Q3 '14?
Will the H97 not be compatible with Broadwell?
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
a b U Graphics card
June 4, 2014 3:43:27 PM

The H97s should be compatible with everything the Z97s are, they are just the no-OC motherboards. It is anticipated Intel will release the i5-4690k and 4790k overclocking boards in a few months but if you don't care for overclocking then the i5 4590 is a great choice.

The broadwell will be on the 1150 socket so all broadwell compatibility would take is a bios update.
!