/ Sign-up
Your question

Need a new wireless adapter for gaming pc.

  • Hewlett Packard
  • Wireless Adapter
  • Components
  • PCI Express
Last response: in Components
June 4, 2014 4:44:24 PM

Hello, I recently scrapped an old hp that had some nice parts and bought some new ones as well and built a computer. The hp had a wireless adapter inside, which was fine for me. Unfortunately it is PCI-E mini and my new mobo has no slots for it .My room is upstairs over 100 feet from my router. My question is wether to get a USB or PCI-E wireless adapter, and which one to get specifically. Here is the old card.

As long as it is the equivalent to this or better I don't really care for connection. Although if there is something I could get that would have a great connection please tell me. I would like to spend no more than 40 dollars. Any help would be appreciated. :D 

More about : wireless adapter gaming

Best solution

June 4, 2014 5:09:40 PM

Get a PCI-E card, usb adapters have much lesser range and power, plus they're going to take up more space (at least one that has any kind of power will) and a usb port. Use something like this:

I use this one and it works extremely well (no dropped connections and great range) while being very affordable.