FX 8350 or i5 4440 for Adobe After effects & photoshop

I am building a new PC for a friend that will be using it for work as a web designer/developer. In his words it
"Basically needs to...
deal with large hi res photoshop files, which can contain lots of layers and smart objects
and
render after effects files, which use lots of 3d and particle systems"
He was using an old system with an Athlon II x2 and onboard graphics and the only thing it could not do at all was rendering something in after effects. Due to budget the CPU options are
FX8320 + 212 evo cooler
FX8350
i5 4440
Which is better for his use? Also would 16gb or RAM be better (than 8) or spending an extra £50 on the CPU?
The CPU is the issue I have now but at a later date a graphics card will be added if you could advise is AMD or Nvidia better in general or is the card thats better for gaming going to be better for this as well (regardless if AMD or Nvidia)?
Thanks in advance for any good advice.

jaimelmiel

Honorable
May 7, 2012
From what I know I would go with the FX8350. The reason being the 8 cores And higher clock speed. The I54440 only has an edge when running a single core process. Go ahead with the Hyper 212 Evo cooler. That will work. The 16GB of Memory will certainly not hurt.

Wave Edits

Honorable
Oct 12, 2013

funny enough i just stumbled across this thread. i just ordered the 8320 for after effects and some 3d work 2 days ago. if you want i can tell you how it works for me. i also ordered 16 gb ram. I got an asus 280 gpu that i'll oc a little. if your friend's budget is high enough for the gpu, id for sure put him either a 290 or a 780 (ti or not). for what he does it sounds like brand doesnt really matter. im not too knowlegeable about photoshop, but after effects only uses cuda for ray-traced 3d. sapphire plugins, magic bullet looks, optical flares, etc. are gpu accelerated in general, which means that brand doesnt matter.

thomkaran

Reputable
Mar 28, 2015
Hello Wave Edits
I am trying to decide if amd 8320 is the best choise on a budjet for me. I need it for after effects and photoshop mostly. A friend of mine mentioned that amd has compatibility issues with some programms such as AVID. For the moment i am not in need of using AVID but i have concerns about adobe programms .

So are you happy with your 8320 system and AE cs6 or CC? Photoshop?Do you recoment a gpu on a budjet?

Thank you

Wave Edits

Honorable
Oct 12, 2013

sorry for the extremely late reply, but I have been using the 8320 for nearly a year now, using after effects everyday, and photoshop about once or twice a week. I have had absolutely no compatibility issues, and I would highly recommend the 8320.