Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question
Solved

Is my build ready to order?

Tags:
  • Build
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
June 5, 2014 5:48:21 AM

Want to press enter so bad. Is this good? http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2NKJt6

More about : build ready order

June 5, 2014 5:53:30 AM

You really only need a 120GB SSD, then you could use the saved funds to change something.
m
0
l
June 5, 2014 5:53:36 AM

Hit enter, solid build.
m
0
l
Related resources

Best solution

June 5, 2014 5:54:56 AM

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/XmVdxr
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/XmVdxr/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/XmVdxr/benchmarks/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($233.98 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Thermaltake CLP0575 121.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($68.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($142.99 @ NCIX US)
Memory: A-Data XPG V1.0 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($68.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($134.99 @ Best Buy)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($55.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 290X 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card ($529.99 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT Phantom 410 (Gunmetal/Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic G-750 750W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($118.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD/CD Writer ($19.98 @ OutletPC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.99 @ NCIX US)
Monitor: Asus VS247H-P 23.6" Monitor ($156.44 @ Amazon)
Keyboard: Razer DeathStalker Wired Gaming Keyboard ($68.99 @ Amazon)
Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse ($56.89 @ NCIX US)
Total: $1837.17

Got you a better video card and cooler without a hit to performance. I doubt you'll notice a difference between the EVO and PRO, but you will notice it between the 290 and 290x
Share
June 5, 2014 5:55:41 AM

Icaraeus said:
You really only need a 120GB SSD, then you could use the saved funds to change something.


OS takes up around 20gb and after formatting that's already 1/3 of your total space on a 120GB. After including the size of modern games and the fact SSDs don't run fast when they're close to full means you have limited options for storage on a 120. 240gb is that minimum when you have the funds.
m
0
l
June 5, 2014 5:56:33 AM

Looks good as it is.
m
0
l
June 5, 2014 6:00:32 AM

Get a good cooler and motherboard please. Don't embarrass yourself with the 212 EVO.
m
0
l
June 5, 2014 6:02:21 AM

hello :) 
It looks good for me, but devils canion just released. Have you considered a 4690k? BUT i dont know when it will be in stores and the price.
m
0
l
June 5, 2014 6:18:44 AM

Looks good. If you more into heavy overclocking then get this cooler: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/noctua-cpu-cooler-nhd14
THe R9 290 vapor is already a good card. No need to change it. The R9 290x is not worth the cost when a R9 290 can be overclocked to the same performance. The vapor x cooler in my opinion is the best out of all other than water cooling blocks. The gigabyte is just slightly behind. Devil Canyon is an option but there isn't much increase in performance, just better chances for a higher overclock .
m
0
l
June 5, 2014 6:18:49 AM

woltej1 said:
PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/XmVdxr
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/XmVdxr/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/XmVdxr/benchmarks/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($233.98 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Thermaltake CLP0575 121.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($68.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($142.99 @ NCIX US)
Memory: A-Data XPG V1.0 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($68.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($134.99 @ Best Buy)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($55.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 290X 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card ($529.99 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT Phantom 410 (Gunmetal/Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic G-750 750W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($118.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD/CD Writer ($19.98 @ OutletPC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.99 @ NCIX US)
Monitor: Asus VS247H-P 23.6" Monitor ($156.44 @ Amazon)
Keyboard: Razer DeathStalker Wired Gaming Keyboard ($68.99 @ Amazon)
Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse ($56.89 @ NCIX US)
Total: $1837.17

Got you a better video card and cooler without a hit to performance. I doubt you'll notice a difference between the EVO and PRO, but you will notice it between the 290 and 290x


Also notice, he changed your SSD to the 840 EVO. Samrt move there. Your original build used the PRO version which is much more expensive and not necessary. Saved you $70 right there. :) 
m
0
l
June 5, 2014 6:53:07 AM

Switching to the 840 evo and wd blue, keeping the hyper 212 and R9 290 vapor. I thought the asus z97-a looked pretty solid but I guess I'll checkout a few more z97 boards.

Can't thank you guys enough
m
0
l
June 5, 2014 6:55:28 AM

The asus Z97-A is a solid motherboard no doubt.
The Asrock extreme 4 is just be better for higher overclocks due to more power phases
m
0
l
June 5, 2014 7:07:08 AM

If you actually want a half decent overclock, get this:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($233.97 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler ($99.99 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($149.99 @ Mwave)
Memory: Team Vulcan 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial M500 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($69.81 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.43 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 290 4GB Double Dissipation Video Card ($359.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case ($109.98 @ OutletPC)
Power Supply: SeaSonic 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($83.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($23.98 @ OutletPC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ OutletPC)
Monitor: Asus VS247H-P 23.6" Monitor ($144.99 @ Newegg)
Keyboard: Razer DeathStalker Wired Gaming Keyboard ($68.99 @ Amazon)
Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse ($56.89 @ NCIX US)
Total: $1611.97
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-06-05 10:07 EDT-0400)
m
0
l
June 5, 2014 7:18:08 AM

The Asrock extreme 4 can overclock further than the Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 if given the same cpu cooler due to the 12 power phases design.
m
0
l
June 5, 2014 7:20:26 AM

Got a k series cause it doesn't cost much more. Will experiment with light over clocking in the future, nothing serious
m
0
l
June 5, 2014 7:36:59 AM

Suztera said:
The Asrock extreme 4 can overclock further than the Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 if given the same cpu cooler due to the 12 power phases design.


Its true phase count is 6+1.
m
0
l