$2,600 Budget Gaming/Production PC (FIRST BUILD)

Riddlefar

Reputable
Jun 5, 2014
Hey peeps, this is my first PC to ever build after so many people told me to not use Cyberpowerpc and the like.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/G9xZFT This is my build, is there anything I should change? Anything I should add? Are the fans OK? Is the Motherboard good? I'm also planning to install my OS on the SSD, is that OK? Are the screens OK?

Also any tips and tricks on cable management will be greatly appreciated! Also how do people add LED's to light up the PC from the inside, and how do people have so many water cooling pipes when I could only add one as a CPU cooler?

I will also be swapping the i7-4770k with the new i7-4790K when I check out, but I put the i7-4770k as a placeholder.

I will be using this PC mainly for gaming and game development, as well as 3D Modelling/Sculpting/Animating.

Also don't mind the Nintendo 3ds :p

I appreciate any help at all, thank you very much.

game junky

Distinguished
Those are some great selections - I wouldn't worry about your proc: one of the largest differences between the 8 series and 9 series chipset is the built-in graphics so I don't think you would see any significant gains since you have a dedicated GPU in your build. There are some interesting features on ASUS' mid-level and high-end motherboards but several are more for home theater and media server applications. It's worth taking a peak but don't expect to find anything game-changing. If you have the cushion available in your build, I would probably look at a 780ti - the 780 is more than sufficient for high-end gaming @ 1080p these days but developers always push the envelope so expect the next BF to require more muscle to run the extra texture effects. The extra core clock and cuda cores to help with 3D animation as well - if you're planning to SLI, I would check to see if you can find a motherboard that supports dual x16 SLI so you can take full advantage of all that power. That will not be an insignificant difference in price, but if you're planning on adding another graphics card down the road, you'll appreciate the choice to not have to replace your motherboard or deal with less than great performance.

Riddlefar

Reputable
Jun 5, 2014

Well I don't think I would need a Quad SLI, do I keep the mother board as it is, or is there a cheaper/better alternative?

Riddlefar

Reputable
Jun 5, 2014
Alright thanks, last thing I need to know is:

Are the fans OK? I'm also planning to install my OS on the SSD, is that OK? Are the screens OK? Also any tips and tricks on cable management will be greatly appreciated! Also how do people add LED's to light up the PC from the inside, and how do people have so many water cooling pipes when I could only add one as a CPU cooler?

I'm pretty sure all of this can be answered with a PC Building video, can anybody suggest me a good one that encompasses all these questions?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
If you really want gpu power, look to a lga 2011. A 780ti can't max out the bandwidth of a PCI x16, be just as good to get a board with x8,x8, and a bunch cheaper and more usefull than a board like the WS, which fours nothing but tie in 4 Gpu's