Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Wireless USB/PCI Adapter for New Gaming Build (Currently using Belkin USB)

Tags:
  • Gaming
  • USB
  • Belkin
  • Wireless Network
  • Wireless
  • PCI
  • Build
Last response: in Wireless Networking
Share
June 6, 2014 2:22:48 AM

Hi,

Recently I have built a gaming PC and am currently using the Belkin 150n Wireless USB Adapter. Unfortunately, although the signal is strong, there are times when the connection is incredibly slow and pages will take a minute to load. The case and a thin wall lies between the USB and the router. Currently I have the USB in front of the case to improve the connection (which worked for a while until the slow internet connection came back). I was wondering if:

1. Is there a maintain high internet speeds with the Belkin USB Adapter?
2. If not, is there a USB/PCI adapter that will work a ton better with a case and a thin wall in between (prefer having the adapter placed in the back)?

More about : wireless usb pci adapter gaming build belkin usb

Best solution

a c 216 4 Gaming
June 6, 2014 2:32:10 AM

I use this, it can easily maintain a strong signal through a few walls (it's PCI-E though): http://pcpartpicker.com/part/tp-link-wireless-network-c...

If you want PCI, this is what I'd recommend: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/tp-link-wireless-network-c...
Share
June 6, 2014 2:40:59 AM

I'm fine PCIe. Which of those in the first link would be best?
m
0
l
Related resources
a c 216 4 Gaming
June 6, 2014 2:46:16 AM

They're all the same, just from different stores. I'd recommend getting it from Newegg or Amazon.
m
0
l
June 6, 2014 3:56:13 AM

Just recommended to someone else but have you considered powerline? It won't suffer interference unlike wireless adapters and as it's a wired solution it should be relatively lag free, too. The cable will also plug into the back of your rig.
m
0
l
June 6, 2014 9:56:53 AM

Eduello said:
They're all the same, just from different stores. I'd recommend getting it from Newegg or Amazon.


Sorry, what I meant was, should I go with N600? vs. the other three options?

shure said:
Just recommended to someone else but have you considered powerline? It won't suffer interference unlike wireless adapters and as it's a wired solution it should be relatively lag free, too. The cable will also plug into the back of your rig.


I don't have a phone plug or anything of the sort in my room.
m
0
l
a c 216 4 Gaming
June 6, 2014 10:24:34 AM

I'd go with the one I recommended in the first place; I've never had any problems with it.
m
0
l
June 9, 2014 1:43:00 PM

Zarotu said:
Eduello said:
They're all the same, just from different stores. I'd recommend getting it from Newegg or Amazon.


Sorry, what I meant was, should I go with N600? vs. the other three options?

shure said:
Just recommended to someone else but have you considered powerline? It won't suffer interference unlike wireless adapters and as it's a wired solution it should be relatively lag free, too. The cable will also plug into the back of your rig.


I don't have a phone plug or anything of the sort in my room.

it uses a standard electrical socket, not a phone plug. It uses witchcraft to pass the signal through the electrical circuit. You plug one adapter into an electrical socket near your modem, and connect to this with a short ethernet cable. You connect the other adapter near where you have your rig, and connect to its ethernet socket. And the best part is it's plug and play - no configuration required
m
0
l
!