r9 280 now or wait longer

G

Trying to figure out if I should get this deal for the MSI r9 280 for $200 after MIR or if I should wait for the prices to drop even more. Please no other card suggestions, Just seeing if anyone knows if the r9 280s will go down in price even more in the next two weeks.

It is already a very good deal if it is Twin Frozr edition.

The prices may drop or may rise but it won't make much difference since it is already a good deal. There's a lot of uncertainity in there whether prices decrease or increase

At that price you should grab it as soon as possible before they run out of stock or something

G

If I do crossfire I would need to buy another power supply, and also I have a 970 chip set board so the 2nd slot is only good for raid cards etc... because it is 4x.

A single R9 280(when OC'ed a bit) can handle pretty much any game at 1080p with highest settings when paired with i5/FX 8320 or higher.

From my experience when a PC component like Graphics card is selling at such a good deal, the chances are almost negligible that it will go more lower, though it is likely that prices may increase or becomes out of stock.