Solved

$1500 - $2000 Gaming PC build, need help.

I would like some help on building a Gaming PC for myself. I've just finished building my own computer, and it was a lot of fun. I never bought the parts myself, I had my brother do it for me. Now, I want to take the experience into my own hands, and buy the parts myself, and do everything on my own. Currently, the computer I own now is totaled at around $1100. I was going to sell the computer I have now, and with the money I've saved up as well, buy a whole new computer. I know, it seems stupid, but I want the experience of buying everything from scratch. I'm a pretty hardcore gamer, as I strive to get the best I can. I'm on a budget on $1500, and I'll stretch all the way to $2000 if I have to. Nothing over.

The main games I will be playing on this computer are ( "WR" means "When Released"): Battlefield 4, DayZ Standalone, Metro Last Light, Minecraft with a lot of grpahics and shade mods, Fallout 3/New Vegas, Skyrim, Elder Scrolls Online, Star Citizen(WR) , The Division(WR), Dragon Age: Inquisition (WR), and a lot more games down the road. Now, I understand it's hard to future proof this for games that wont be releasing for a while, so all I ask is you try your best. Even if the build will play these games on High and not Ultra, I will be happy. All I ask is it play these games, or most games you throw at it, on High/Max settings. Thank you!
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 1500 2000 gaming build
  1. Do you want to overclock?
  2. Graphiicz said:
    Do you want to overclock?

Yes, I will want to overclock as high as I can. Sorry, forgot to put that. :)
  3. ZeroDarkThirty said:
    Graphiicz said:
    Do you want to overclock?

Yes, I will want to overclock as high as I can. Sorry, forgot to put that. :)

Working on a build now.
  4. Beast of an overclocker and will run any game you throw at it with ease. Unless you're gaming at very high resolutions, no need to Crossfire/SLI.

Enjoy :)

P.S. There's room for an OS if you need to purchase one.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($233.97 @ OutletPC)
    CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler ($99.99 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VII HERO ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($209.99 @ Amazon)
    Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($72.00 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($134.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($55.98 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 290 4GB Double Dissipation Video Card ($359.99 @ NCIX US)
    Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case ($119.99 @ NCIX US)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($129.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($23.98 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $1440.87
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-06-07 16:57 EDT-0400)
  5. Best answer
    ZeroDarkThirty said:
    I would like some help on building a Gaming PC for myself. I've just finished building my own computer, and it was a lot of fun. I never bought the parts myself, I had my brother do it for me. Now, I want to take the experience into my own hands, and buy the parts myself, and do everything on my own. Currently, the computer I own now is totaled at around $1100. I was going to sell the computer I have now, and with the money I've saved up as well, buy a whole new computer. I know, it seems stupid, but I want the experience of buying everything from scratch. I'm a pretty hardcore gamer, as I strive to get the best I can. I'm on a budget on $1500, and I'll stretch all the way to $2000 if I have to. Nothing over.

The main games I will be playing on this computer are ( "WR" means "When Released"): Battlefield 4, DayZ Standalone, Metro Last Light, Minecraft with a lot of grpahics and shade mods, Fallout 3/New Vegas, Skyrim, Elder Scrolls Online, Star Citizen(WR) , The Division(WR), Dragon Age: Inquisition (WR), and a lot more games down the road. Now, I understand it's hard to future proof this for games that wont be releasing for a while, so all I ask is you try your best. Even if the build will play these games on High and not Ultra, I will be happy. All I ask is it play these games, or most games you throw at it, on High/Max settings. Thank you!

This is going to be a beast build

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($334.99 @ NCIX US)
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($99.99 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: Asus Z97-K/CSM ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($120.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($166.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: PNY Optima 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($84.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.98 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB Classified K|NGP|N Edition Video Card ($794.98 @ Newegg)
    Case: Thermaltake Overseer RX-I ATX Full Tower Case ($104.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Corsair Professional 750W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($89.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer ($14.99 @ NCIX US)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($88.98 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $1956.86
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
  6. PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($339.99 @ Newegg)
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($74.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($134.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($189.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($200.98 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Seagate 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Hybrid Internal Hard Drive ($109.99 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: PNY GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB Video Card ($729.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Rosewill BlackHawk ATX Mid Tower Case ($89.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Corsair RM 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($129.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Asus BW-16D1HT Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer ($69.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $2070.89
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
  7. I am very much interested in this build. I was making a few modifications to it. I was debating whether to go with a 6 gigabyte titan card, or possibly go with the video card you mentioned but try to leave room for another one later. As well as leave room for 16 gig of DDR memory. But the one thing I was curious about, was the fan. I didn't see a fan mentioned anywhere. I haven't had much experience with building computers and was going to try to build one, and have applied the majority of this list to my build. Please let me know whether a fan is required, or if the liquid cooling and the fan attached to that is enough for the video card and cpu. It may be a stupid question, but I want to make sure I got everything necessary when I order all of the parts.

Thanks.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Computers Build Systems Graphics