Can HIS HD 7790 ICEq X² run on my Intel DH67CL

naeembabakheil

Reputable
Jun 6, 2014
Hi !!!

recently i bought Sapphire HD7790 it was not compaitable so bought HIS HD 7790 ICEq X² i have 550W gaming Supply... i am asking u ppl can my intel board dh67cl fully support this HIS HD 7790 ICEq X² .

Solution
What issue were you having with the Sapphire card? Your board has a PCI-e x16 slot so should be compatible with any GPU on the market today. It's possible the issue was a driver, defective card or issue with the motherboard. What brand and model is your PSU?
What issue were you having with the Sapphire card? Your board has a PCI-e x16 slot so should be compatible with any GPU on the market today. It's possible the issue was a driver, defective card or issue with the motherboard. What brand and model is your PSU?

Solution

naeembabakheil

Reputable
Jun 6, 2014

i know but when i put Sapphire card and turon on my pc Card beeps with no display ...so i return it and will got anohter one HIS HD 7790 iceq x2

What GPU did you have in there before?

It is entirely possible that you got a defective card, but, it's also possible that the driver from whatever you are replacing stopped it from working. I suggest when you have the new card, before installing it:

Uninstall the driver and any software with it for the card being replaced (i.e. Catalyst for AMD, nVidia experience)
Run CCLeaner
Turn off the computer and install the new GPU
Go to AMD's website, download and install the latest driver.

If you still have issues, reinstall the old card, then check Intel's website to make sure you are on the latest drivers and BIOS for your mobo.

naeembabakheil

Reputable
Jun 6, 2014

No i havent any card yet i am on builtin Intel HD 2000 2GB . i was thinkning about Bios upadte but confuse if i upgrade and something misup then what should i do then .. upgrading Bios is very complecated part . as u know i have Intel DH67Cl so should i upagrde my Bios ?

naeembabakheil

Reputable
Jun 6, 2014

i think Bios Update is availble ... u r right i am nervous about Bios ... if i brick my Board then can i Rest its settings .. i know then have reset tols but if my board is dead then i will repair my Bios

If incomplete or corrupt install of BIOS, the board will be permanently bricked., meaning you would have to replace it. Many BIOS updates these days have a program in Windows to do it, it can take a while so patient is key. I know ASUS has a Windows based updater, not sure about Intel though.

If Intel has a Windows based updater, then you should be able to do it, otherwise, I'd leave it until you can find someone that has experience doing it.

naeembabakheil

Reputable
Jun 6, 2014

No it has WindowsInstalller , zip,.BIO(boot from bootmenu).

so i use Windows instller is it safe ,if anything messup can it be rest, i also tried to login ti intel forum but i cant login nor register another account ??/ so i came here .. ???

It's not about being able to restore a corrupted attempt, the windows installer simplifies the process and helps to prevent such issues. Some of the installers will detect an issue with the update and automatically restore to the previous version before the changes are permanent. Just make sure to have no other programs running to prevent interference.

You have a PCI-e 2.0 x16 slot, you should be able to run any card in there. The PCI-e standards/versions are all backwards compatible, meaning you could even put a 3.0 card in a 1.0 slot. By using a 3.0 card in your motherboards 2.0 slot, the card will be held to the 2.0 standard and perform as such. You shouldn't notice any difference though, a 2.0 slot is still very usable and not yet fully used by the current generation of cards.

That being said, you can run any card so long as your power supply has enough juice to power it and it fits in your case without be so cramped that it overheats.

A good rule of thumb about power supplies and GPU upgrades is that if you have to use an adapter to connect the GPU to the PSU, you should probably replace it. PSU's are more than just wattage, you have to look at how many amps on the +12v rail, and how many +12v rails there are.

naeembabakheil

Reputable
Jun 6, 2014

Thanks for kind and quick help u providied Martell1977 ... i have installed GPU and it work perfectly ... :)