780 with 60hz monitor

G

I am going to upgrade from my current GTX 760. I was going to go for a 780 3Gb or a 770. My monitor is an Asus VS239HV IPS with a maximum refresh rate of 60Hz. Will a 780 be wasted on this monitor?

Solution
Bioshock Infinite on my 1080p setup uses 2400 MB of VRAM. I'm also trying out Witcher 2 and I'm able to enable Ubersampling to get ~45 FPS on my GTX 780 Ti. To say that one card or another is overkill as a blanket statement in all situations would be false. There's always something out there that will push your system to its limits and take whatever you can throw at it.
G

Thanks. But if a 60HZ monitor means max 60FPS does this not mean I'll be bottlenecked with a 780 by the monitor?

Bioshock Infinite on my 1080p setup uses 2400 MB of VRAM. I'm also trying out Witcher 2 and I'm able to enable Ubersampling to get ~45 FPS on my GTX 780 Ti. To say that one card or another is overkill as a blanket statement in all situations would be false. There's always something out there that will push your system to its limits and take whatever you can throw at it.

Solution