1. What is your budget?
Up to about $1800 (can be stretched slightly)
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
3. What screen resolution do you want?
Higher than 1980x1080
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Portable
5. How much battery life do you need? 6+ hours
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Not really, being able to play less intensive games like Hearthstone and tf2 (on minimum) would be nice
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Less intensive editing with Photoshop and After Effects
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 256 GB+ (SSD)
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. Amazon or anyone who can ship to Canada (I don't mind driving to Best Buy/Future Shop if I need to
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 2-4 years
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? None
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. ASUS, Samsung but I'm fine with other brands with good reputations
13. What country do you live in? Canada
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Looking to get an ultrabook for school as I need something that is lightweight and I can easily carry with my books. I really want something with a resolution higher than 1920x1080 as it would make working so much easier (being able to view multiple windows at the same time). I like to play less intensive games like Hearthstone, TF2 and Runescape, so being able to play those would
be a nice bonus. Also, I need the computer to be able to do some Photoshop and After Effects (most rendering will be done on my desktop, but I travel a lot, so I may need to do some stuff while I am away from my desktop)