802.11n USB Wireless LAN Card

nnobodyy

Reputable
Jun 9, 2014
Is this LAN card not compatible with windows 8.1?
I've been using signalking with this LAN card to boost my network adapter in windows 8, but apparently it keeps on disconnect and reconnect non stop after i plug in to windows 8.1.
I've already tried disabling the USB suspending setting but still not helping.

Solution
Pretty much this is one of the risks of buying off name brand cards that make all these unrealistic claims. Even if you try to find the company that makes these the only one that comes up does not have drivers for windows 8. You can normally look these up in the FCC databases and figure out which drivers will work but I can't find them which brings into question what fcc approvals they really have.

You best bet is to try ra3070 drivers from the chip manufacture ralink since it appears many of their products use these.

Pretty much this company is either selling very illegal product or telling major lies in their specs. They try to claim 48db output. A antenna with only 30db output is more than 6ft across. DB gain is always...

nnobodyy

Reputable
Jun 9, 2014

Yes, the driver is up to date. It is able to install all the driver when I plug it in and when i check for updates it is all up to date. But it just disconnect and reconnect immediately.

Pretty much this is one of the risks of buying off name brand cards that make all these unrealistic claims. Even if you try to find the company that makes these the only one that comes up does not have drivers for windows 8. You can normally look these up in the FCC databases and figure out which drivers will work but I can't find them which brings into question what fcc approvals they really have.

You best bet is to try ra3070 drivers from the chip manufacture ralink since it appears many of their products use these.

Pretty much this company is either selling very illegal product or telling major lies in their specs. They try to claim 48db output. A antenna with only 30db output is more than 6ft across. DB gain is always directly related to physical size so their couple inch across antenna maybe 5db if they are lucky. They also in other documents claim 2000mwatts. It is only legal to transmit 1000mwatts.

The only way to tell for sure is to get the FCC ids and look them up in the documents where they can not lie. If the product is not FCC certified it also likely does not have certifications other countries require so it would be illegal to use. More likely it does have a cert and they are just posting garbage in their advertising.

I would toss this in the trash and get something that has better manufacture support and is reviewed and tested by some of the more major computer sites. There is no magic solution to wireless almost all better known brand name cards perform exactly the same. There are companies that sell devices with directional antenna but you are not going to get them for $15.

Solution