Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question
Solved

Drops from 1000fps to 60ps WHILE RECORDING(then drops down to 10 again a few times every 30 seconds then goes up)

Tags:
  • Gaming
  • drops when recording
  • Computers
  • recording
  • record
  • Minecraft
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
June 9, 2014 10:54:20 AM

Hello, i am dropping down from 1000-900fps on minecraft to 60 when i start recording (sometimes it goes down to 10 in a few seconds then goes up again to 60) I have vcsync off and all that shit. and turning frames per second on fraps doesnt work.
On my old computer i had around 100 fps, and when i started recoding i only went down to 90. wierd....

here is what type of computer i have: http://gyazo.com/69c09cd67082070af7eb966aedbe87f9

If you could help me on teamviewer or on skype. Please add me on skype: oscar.beast (first on the list)

More about : drops 1000fps 60ps recording drops times seconds

June 9, 2014 11:18:18 AM

Try changing the amount of ram used for mine craft to 4gb in the edit profile bit of the launcher (if you search on youtube there will be tutorials on what to type). I increased the RAM from 1gb to 2gb and now when my fps used to drop to 30 it drops to about 70. Also what recording software are you using? Fraps is not great and will lower your FPS. Use Dxtory (I think it costs about 20 bucks but if you look into it you can get it for free easily)
m
0
l
June 9, 2014 11:22:35 AM

xero99 said:
Try changing the amount of ram used for mine craft to 4gb in the edit profile bit of the launcher (if you search on youtube there will be tutorials on what to type). I increased the RAM from 1gb to 2gb and now when my fps used to drop to 30 it drops to about 70. Also what recording software are you using? Fraps is not great and will lower your FPS. Use Dxtory (I think it costs about 20 bucks but if you look into it you can get it for free easily)


I have given my minecraft 12 gb ram. Still doesnt work. I have tried alot of different recording programs such as bandicam, fraps and camtasia studio,.
m
0
l

Best solution

June 9, 2014 11:27:08 AM

Camtasia studio is not designed for gaming. Bandicam and Fraps are also not great. Ask any well known gaming youtuber what software they use and they will say Dxtory. I can record with Dxtory and have an fps drop of 1-2 fps.
Share
June 9, 2014 11:29:32 AM

xero99 said:
Camtasia studio is not designed for gaming. Bandicam and Fraps are also not great. Ask any well known gaming youtuber what software they use and they will say Dxtory. I can record with Dxtory and have an fps drop of 1-2 fps.


Could you give me their website please, thank you for trying to help :) 
m
0
l
June 9, 2014 11:43:52 AM

xero99 said:
You can download it from here:
http://exkode.com/dxtory-downloads-en.html



Thank you it actually helps alot! but the bad thing is that its freezing sometimes, its going pretty smooth, but sometimes my game is freezing in 1-2 seconds then going again while recording. Anything i should change in the setting? You able to add me on skype to help me out? Or you can just write it here. Thank you for helping my friend.

m
0
l
June 9, 2014 12:31:29 PM

Oscarhey said:
xero99 said:
You can download it from here:
http://exkode.com/dxtory-downloads-en.html



Thank you it actually helps alot! but the bad thing is that its freezing sometimes, its going pretty smooth, but sometimes my game is freezing in 1-2 seconds then going again while recording. Anything i should change in the setting? You able to add me on skype to help me out? Or you can just write it here. Thank you for helping my friend.



If you have not already, install optifine. It is a mod which will give you more settings and help minecraft run a lot more smoothly. Make sure vsync is off and also (assuming you have a 64bit system) install and/or update 64bit java. http://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
Also don't use 12Gb ram, you have 16gb so 8gb will work as well and leave more room for your other programs (such as recording software). You can look on youtube/google for codecs and settings in dxtory to improve recording even more and I would advise you have java and minecraft installed on your ssd and the recording saved to your hdd.
m
0
l