Solved

I5 3450 vs i5 4440

wich of these is a better option for a cpu/mobo combination in inr 15000 rs/-

i5 3450/ gigabyte ga-b75m-d3h
http://www.flipkart.com/intel-3-1-ghz-lga-1155-core-i5-3450-processor/p/itmd99wtstx3qkhf?q=Intel+3.1+GHz+LGA+1155+Core+i5+3450+Processor&as=on&as-show=on&otracker=start&as-pos=p_1&pid=PSRD99WSF7Z9FJRD& processor rs 10874
http://www.flipkart.com/gigabyte-ga-b75m-d3h-motherboard/p/itmdacp2gubgfpfm?pid=MBDDACP2GUBGFPFM&otracker=from-search&srno=t_9&query=lga+1155&ref=31b8c3c8-33f0-4806-a537-60a14c005b70 mobo rs 4091
total rs 14,965

i5 4440/msi h81m-p32
http://www.flipkart.com/intel-3-1-ghz-lga-1150-i5-4440-4th-generation-processor/p/itmdpgyx9fn9cgan?pid=PSRDPGYVRPJAYYFH&otracker=from-search&srno=t_1&query=i5+4440&ref=954c4fac-4385-41ea-81d0-faeed2e1ae66 processor rs 12150
http://www.flipkart.com/msi-h81m-p32-motherboard/p/itmdvphhpbm3vfqf?pid=MBDDVPHHZFDPD6ZG&otracker=from-search&srno=t_1&query=lga+1150&ref=748f61f0-ab95-4ea1-b859-dd5b60d51bcd mobo rs 3900
rs 16050

does paying 1000 bucks extra justify itself in performance??? Any other processor / mobo suggestions iin this price range wud help. i will be gaming and already have a psu/gpu/ram/cabinet. I have to buy these witin 15000 rs but will be able to spend +1000 rs for better performance
update: After buying this i wont be updating for 2-3 years. il maybe upgrade gpu but not cpu/mobo
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 3450 4440
  1. no the extra $100 does not justify the performance gain. The 4th gen i5's are only about 5 to 10% faster.
    If you can i would recommend swapping your motherboard for a Z97 or H97 motherboard (series 9 chipset) as they will support the 5th generation i series processors. so if anywhere down the road you feel like you need an upgrade it can be done without too much of a hassle.
    As for which mobo you should get, if you plan to overclock, get a better one else anyone will do for the most part.

    Hope this helps!
  2. The 3450 max Turbo is 3.5GHz.
    The 4440 max Turbo is 3.3GHz.

    The newer CPU has a slightly more efficient architecture but the older one is slightly faster so the performance will be almost IDENTICAL.

    Also, the Gigabyte board looks to be of slightly better quality than the MSI. Some of the cheap MSI boards have a lot of issues.

    *If these are my only choices, get the i5-3450/Gigabyte combo.

    Other:
    You do NOT need a newer 1150 series motherboard to support the newer CPU's. You only require a Socket 1150 motherboard that has had the BIOS updated. I've seen plenty updated since January such as some of the Z87 motherboards.

    It's really a non-issue because I see no point in getting a better CPU plus you already said you won't be upgrading it.
  3. cynicalimpulse said:
    no the extra $100 does not justify the performance gain. The 4th gen i5's are only about 5 to 10% faster.
    If you can i would recommend swapping your motherboard for a Z97 or H97 motherboard (series 9 chipset) as they will support the 5th generation i series processors. so if anywhere down the road you feel like you need an upgrade it can be done without too much of a hassle.
    As for which mobo you should get, if you plan to overclock, get a better one else anyone will do for the most part.

    Hope this helps!


    its not $100 its rs 1000 $100 is rs 5900
    also i found a lower cost for the i5 4440 here: http://www.snapdeal.com/product/intel-i54440-processor-31-ghz/115595088 rs 11111
    mobo http://www.snapdeal.com/product/gigabyte-gah81ms2pv-motherboard/617440541 rs 4350
    total rs 15461
  4. Akhil Potukuchi said:
    cynicalimpulse said:
    no the extra $100 does not justify the performance gain. The 4th gen i5's are only about 5 to 10% faster.
    If you can i would recommend swapping your motherboard for a Z97 or H97 motherboard (series 9 chipset) as they will support the 5th generation i series processors. so if anywhere down the road you feel like you need an upgrade it can be done without too much of a hassle.
    As for which mobo you should get, if you plan to overclock, get a better one else anyone will do for the most part.

    Hope this helps!


    its not $100 its rs 1000 $100 is rs 5900
    also i found a lower cost for the i5 4440 here: http://www.snapdeal.com/product/intel-i54440-processor-31-ghz/115595088 rs 11111
    mobo http://www.snapdeal.com/product/gigabyte-gah81ms2pv-motherboard/617440541 rs 4350
    total rs 15461



    sorry i read that wrong, its 2am over here (forgive me!)
  5. photonboy said:
    The 3450 max Turbo is 3.5GHz.
    The 4440 max Turbo is 3.3GHz.

    The newer CPU has a slightly more efficient architecture but the older one is slightly faster so the performance will be almost IDENTICAL.

    Also, the Gigabyte board looks to be of slightly better quality than the MSI. Some of the cheap MSI boards have a lot of issues.

    *If these are my only choices, get the i5-3450/Gigabyte combo.

    Other:
    You do NOT need a newer 1150 series motherboard to support the newer CPU's. You only require a Socket 1150 motherboard that has had the BIOS updated. I've seen plenty updated since January such as some of the Z87 motherboards.

    It's really a non-issue because I see no point in getting a better CPU plus you already said you won't be upgrading it.


    Umm..... series 8 chipset does not support broadwell...
  6. cynicalimpulse said:
    Akhil Potukuchi said:
    cynicalimpulse said:
    no the extra $100 does not justify the performance gain. The 4th gen i5's are only about 5 to 10% faster.
    If you can i would recommend swapping your motherboard for a Z97 or H97 motherboard (series 9 chipset) as they will support the 5th generation i series processors. so if anywhere down the road you feel like you need an upgrade it can be done without too much of a hassle.
    As for which mobo you should get, if you plan to overclock, get a better one else anyone will do for the most part.

    Hope this helps!


    its not $100 its rs 1000 $100 is rs 5900
    also i found a lower cost for the i5 4440 here: http://www.snapdeal.com/product/intel-i54440-processor-31-ghz/115595088 rs 11111
    mobo http://www.snapdeal.com/product/gigabyte-gah81ms2pv-motherboard/617440541 rs 4350
    total rs 15461



    sorry i read that wrong, its 2am over here (forgive me!)


    no problemo. tanks for fast replies
  7. and wat about an fx 8320 paired with a 970 fx mobo it costs te same and i wont overclock. will der be any dif in performance
  8. Best answer
    Akhil Potukuchi said:
    and wat about an fx 8320 paired with a 970 fx mobo it costs te same and i wont overclock. will der be any dif in performance


    In terms of games the i5 will stomp trhe fx 8000's, since games are not optimized to use more than 4 cores. Where the fx 8000's excel are multi threaded workloads.
    My recommendation, stick with the i5's.
  9. The i5 4440.
  10. logainofhades said:
    The i5 4440.

    and i5 4570 with h81 vs i5 4440 with b85??? wich wins
  11. The 4570 is a bit faster, but not enough you would notice.
Ask a new question

Read More

Processors Intel i5 CPUs Gigabyte Performance Option