Solved

I am builduing a new gaming pc, Will it be enough for next gen gaming ?

So here are the components that i will be installing:-
Mobo- Asus z87-A
GPU:- Zotac Gtx 770 AMP!
RAM:- Corsair Vengeance 8gb
CPU:- i5-4670k 3.4 ghz{Haswell}
HDD:-1
PSU:- Corsair VS650/RM650 { Also would like some recommendations on these 2 as well ^^}

I will be using this pc for primarily gaming.
Any help or recommendations in this matter will be much appreciated.. Thank you in advance!
{Pls note that this rig goes a little over my budget}
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about builduing gaming gen gaming
  1. What is your budget pl?

    Use RAM in 2x4 config.

    Which HDD?

    Change the PSU to Seasonic/XFX series PSUs
  2. EasyLover said:
    What is your budget pl?

    Use RAM in 2x4 config.

    Which HDD?

    Change the PSU to Seasonic/XFX series PSUs


    Well i live in India so my budget is in Rupees :) and it is Rs 70,000-75.000.{Max}

    And yes! i am going with 2 4gb rams to use the "Dual Channel"

    And as for the power supply, i know that the VS650 is Corsairs lowest tier PSU {Was trying to save a bit of cash :)}
    but i would have gone with the RM650 if the VS650 is bad for my pc!!
    Also very few seasonic products are available here and well..... they are quite pricey as well :)

    Thoughts ?

    Thank you for replying! :)
  3. Criticalhealth said:
    EasyLover said:
    What is your budget pl?

    Use RAM in 2x4 config.

    Which HDD?

    Change the PSU to Seasonic/XFX series PSUs


    Well i live in India so my budget is in Rupees :) and it is Rs 70,000-75.000.{Max}

    And yes! i am going with 2 4gb rams to use the "Dual Channel"

    And as for the power supply, i know that the VS650 is Corsairs lowest tier PSU {Was trying to save a bit of cash :)}
    but i would have gone with the RM650 if the VS650 is bad for my pc!!
    Also very few seasonic products are available here and well..... they are quite pricey as well :)

    Thoughts ?

    Thank you for replying! :)




    Pl provide a link from where you are buying/selecting components.
  4. http://www.flipkart.com/ - This is the website i am using to get all of my stuff :)
  5. EasyLover said:
    Criticalhealth said:
    EasyLover said:
    What is your budget pl?

    Use RAM in 2x4 config.

    Which HDD?

    Change the PSU to Seasonic/XFX series PSUs


    Well i live in India so my budget is in Rupees :) and it is Rs 70,000-75.000.{Max}

    And yes! i am going with 2 4gb rams to use the "Dual Channel"

    And as for the power supply, i know that the VS650 is Corsairs lowest tier PSU {Was trying to save a bit of cash :)}
    but i would have gone with the RM650 if the VS650 is bad for my pc!!
    Also very few seasonic products are available here and well..... they are quite pricey as well :)

    Thoughts ?

    Thank you for replying! :)




    Pl provide a link from where you are buying/selecting components.


    http://www.flipkart.com/ - This is the website i am using to get all of my stuff :)
  6. I have the core i5-4670k and GTX 770 (MSI, not Zotac though) and I can tell you that the 770 and i5 is a beastly combination. Some of the games I play and their average FPS -

    Vanilla Fallout:New Vegas - 180+ FPS
    Modded/ENB New Vegas - 40-70 FPS
    Vanilla Skyrim - 120+ FPS
    Modded/ENB Skyrim - 40-60 FPS
    Titanfall - 60 FPS with lows in 40's.
    Diablo 3 - 180+ FPS
    Metro: Last Light - 30-50 FPS
    Battlefield 3 - 60 FPS smooth (Haven't tested without vsync)
    Vanilla Mass Effect 3 - 140+ FPS
    Better anti-aliasing ME3 - 60 FPS smooth (Haven't tested without vsync)

    This is with all settings maxed. (Titanfall's texture quality is one step down due to only having 2GB of VRAM, Metro's Super-sample AA is at 2x, not 4x) I don't regret getting the 770 with a core i5, although I do wish I went for the 4GB 770 to future proof myself.. If you can afford it, and it's not absurdly more expensive, then I would recommend going with the 4GB card since games are starting to use more VRAM with the advent of Titanfall and Watchdogs.
  7. zaysk said:
    I have the core i5-4670k and GTX 770 (MSI, not Zotac though) and I can tell you that the 770 and i5 is a beastly combination. Some of the games I play and their average FPS -

    Vanilla Fallout:New Vegas - 180+ FPS
    Modded/ENB New Vegas - 40-70 FPS
    Vanilla Skyrim - 120+ FPS
    Modded/ENB Skyrim - 40-60 FPS
    Titanfall - 60 FPS with lows in 40's.
    Diablo 3 - 180+ FPS
    Metro: Last Light - 30-50 FPS
    Battlefield 3 - 60 FPS smooth (Haven't tested without vsync)
    Vanilla Mass Effect 3 - 140+ FPS
    Better anti-aliasing ME3 - 60 FPS smooth (Haven't tested without vsync)

    This is with all settings maxed. (Titanfall's texture quality is one step down due to only having 2GB of VRAM, Metro's Super-sample AA is at 2x, not 4x) I don't regret getting the 770 with a core i5, although I do wish I went for the 4GB 770 to future proof myself.. If you can afford it, and it's not absurdly more expensive, then I would recommend going with the 4GB card since games are starting to use more VRAM with the advent of Titanfall and Watchdogs.


    Thank you so much for the awesome reply! this does away with most of my concerns!!

    Just a few things more please,
    1.can you also post your power supply unit ?
    2. i am leaning towards the Corsair RM650 PSU , Thoughts ?
    3. is 650W enough for this rig ?

    Thank you again !!
  8. Pl check this build:

    Mobo:
    http://

    CPU:
    http://

    RAM:
    http://

    GPU:
    http://

    CPU Cooler:
    http://

    HDD:
    http://

    PSU:
    http://

    All in Rs.68,976. This also includes the CPU Cooler.
  9. Dear, I've found Seasonic PSU that must consider for your build. Pl check them:

    http://

    http://
  10. Best answer
    Criticalhealth said:
    zaysk said:
    I have the core i5-4670k and GTX 770 (MSI, not Zotac though) and I can tell you that the 770 and i5 is a beastly combination. Some of the games I play and their average FPS -

    Vanilla Fallout:New Vegas - 180+ FPS
    Modded/ENB New Vegas - 40-70 FPS
    Vanilla Skyrim - 120+ FPS
    Modded/ENB Skyrim - 40-60 FPS
    Titanfall - 60 FPS with lows in 40's.
    Diablo 3 - 180+ FPS
    Metro: Last Light - 30-50 FPS
    Battlefield 3 - 60 FPS smooth (Haven't tested without vsync)
    Vanilla Mass Effect 3 - 140+ FPS
    Better anti-aliasing ME3 - 60 FPS smooth (Haven't tested without vsync)

    This is with all settings maxed. (Titanfall's texture quality is one step down due to only having 2GB of VRAM, Metro's Super-sample AA is at 2x, not 4x) I don't regret getting the 770 with a core i5, although I do wish I went for the 4GB 770 to future proof myself.. If you can afford it, and it's not absurdly more expensive, then I would recommend going with the 4GB card since games are starting to use more VRAM with the advent of Titanfall and Watchdogs.


    Thank you so much for the awesome reply! this does away with most of my concerns!!

    Just a few things more please,
    1.can you also post your power supply unit ?
    2. i am leaning towards the Corsair RM650 PSU , Thoughts ?
    3. is 650W enough for this rig ?

    Thank you again !!


    Not a problem man, I wish somebody had posted numbers like that for me when I was in the process of choosing my parts, so I figured I'd do the same for somebody else. :)

    I'm using the Corsair TX-750, it's a quality PSU. I'm not sure how good that particular PSU is, what I hear is that XFX, Seasonic and Corsair (AX/HX/TX I believe) are the quality PSU's. 650 watts should be plenty for your build, I went with 750W in case I want to throw another 770 in there in the future, although due to only 2GB of VRAM I'll probably upgrade to an 880 when it's released.

    Mind you, I'm not very knowledgeable on PSU's so don't take my word for it, wait for another member to confirm it. :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Next Generation Systems Components