$1400-1500 build would like some feedback

DiogogB

Distinguished
May 11, 2014
Hello community! This is the build i would like some feedback on.
http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/wH2kgs

I still nedd a CPU fan for O/C, but would also like your opinion if I should O/C or not. I could go with a xeon CPU and a cheaper MOBO instead and cut down the price by a bit... (would the money be worth it?)

Here is some information:
I'm from Canada.
Interested in playing and streaming mainly League of Legends, some Diablo3 and Starcraft2.
Will not be using Open Broadcaster Software to stream, not Shadowplay.
Want to dual monitor (1080p).
One monitor is for the game itself, the other for stream options, playlist etc.
I do not need a hard drive for storage, I can also add more storage when needed.
The GPU might be a bit overkill? should I get a cheaper one and get 16gb ram instead?

Thank you for your time!

Solution

+1 for this

The only time an i7 is beneficial for gaming is if you are going crossfire or SLI on 2-3 high end GPUs with multi-monitor 1440p gaming.

For most gaming, a single high end GPU is plenty and an i5 will drive it well.

+1 for this

The only time an i7 is beneficial for gaming is if you are going crossfire or SLI on 2-3 high end GPUs with multi-monitor 1440p gaming.

For most gaming, a single high end GPU is plenty and an i5 will drive it well.

Solution

Well, streaming is a different story. Sorry...missed that.

i7 works well with some apps like Myrillis Action that can leverage QuickSync. Even an 8 core AMD is a good pick for streaming because the extra cores/threads handle the capture, conversion and compression.

Check to see if the streaming and capture apps/cards you may be using will benefit from an i7 over an i5.

Also worth noting: Most capture/streaming apps work better with a single high end GPU. Some do not play nice with multi-GPU setups.