Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

$300 PC CHALLENGE!!!! MUST RUN GAMES ON LOW SETTINGS AT ATLEAST 60fps!

Last response: in Systems
Share
June 11, 2014 8:00:30 PM

Submit answers!!!!! Who can come up with the best PC?
a b 4 Gaming
a b B Homebuilt system
June 11, 2014 8:06:34 PM

what parts don't you need?................... monitor/keyboard/mouse/operating system/case/etc.............................
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a c 93 B Homebuilt system
June 11, 2014 8:12:36 PM

Is this one you intend to actually build, or is it just an 'I wonder' question?

The latter is usually a waste of time, and borderline trolling.
m
0
l
Related resources
June 11, 2014 9:37:33 PM

uh I was just wondering what the best pc for $300 is? I was not trying to troll! Sorry about that! I hope I didn't offend anyone. How did some one else pick the solution? Lol!
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b B Homebuilt system
June 11, 2014 9:43:30 PM

that's what I would like to know.......... happens a lot around here............ gotta love the buddy system.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a c 93 B Homebuilt system
June 11, 2014 9:46:48 PM

Hmm, I'm going to have to look into that one. Someone hasn't gotten the message about when it's appropriate to pick a solution...

EDIT: He has been warned.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
June 15, 2014 8:25:51 AM

Well ok ; it's a bit over budget though

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Pentium G3220 3.0GHz Dual-Core Processor ($56.98 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($43.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Patriot Viper 3 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($35.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 320GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($34.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: XFX Radeon R7 260X 1GB Core Edition Video Card ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Rosewill FBM-01 MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($19.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($24.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $306.92
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-06-15 11:25 EDT-0400
m
0
l
June 15, 2014 8:31:15 AM

I've updated mine
m
0
l
a c 251 4 Gaming
a b B Homebuilt system
June 15, 2014 8:45:03 AM

andrei65 said:
Well ok ; it's a bit over budget though

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Pentium G3220 3.0GHz Dual-Core Processor ($56.98 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($43.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Patriot Viper 3 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($35.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 320GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($34.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: XFX Radeon R7 260X 1GB Core Edition Video Card ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Rosewill FBM-01 MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($19.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($24.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $306.92
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-06-15 11:25 EDT-0400


Wow that's really similar to the build I was about to post:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Pentium G3220 3.0GHz Dual-Core Processor ($56.98 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($43.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Patriot Viper 3 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($35.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 320GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($34.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R7 260X 2GB Video Card ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Enermax ECA3310A-W ATX Mid Tower Case ($29.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA 600B 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($44.99 @ Micro Center)
Total: $346.92
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-06-15 11:43 EDT-0400
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b B Homebuilt system
June 15, 2014 8:45:33 AM

thought this was a dead thread but.......... the build............ nobody wants a 5400rpm drive. you don't realize how slow they are until you need to pull data off them.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
June 15, 2014 8:47:25 AM

RazerZ said:
andrei65 said:
Well ok ; it's a bit over budget though

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Pentium G3220 3.0GHz Dual-Core Processor ($56.98 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($43.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Patriot Viper 3 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($35.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 320GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($34.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: XFX Radeon R7 260X 1GB Core Edition Video Card ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Rosewill FBM-01 MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($19.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($24.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $306.92
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-06-15 11:25 EDT-0400


Wow that's really similar to the build I was about to post:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Pentium G3220 3.0GHz Dual-Core Processor ($56.98 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($43.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Patriot Viper 3 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($35.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 320GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($34.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R7 260X 2GB Video Card ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Enermax ECA3310A-W ATX Mid Tower Case ($29.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA 600B 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($44.99 @ Micro Center)
Total: $346.92
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-06-15 11:43 EDT-0400


Wow haha :) 
m
0
l
June 15, 2014 8:48:24 AM

By the way is the intel hd graphics any good?
And is the kaveri APU that expensive to use for under $300?
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
June 15, 2014 8:58:10 AM

No , but using a G3220 + 260x is alot better than using a A4-4000 , the 260x even maxes out some games out there while the a4 barely playes new games at the lowest res and settings .
m
0
l
June 15, 2014 9:01:44 AM

I'm just surprised that you can get r7 260x for less than 100 USD.
What about Kaveri? Its about $170. Is the motherboard expensive?
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
June 15, 2014 9:11:42 AM

When you're on a tight budget for a gaming pc , you want to go cheap on everything but the psu , spend the saved money on the gpu and make sure the cpu won't bottleneck the video card , and in your case you're overspending on the hdd , ram and you could get a better psu for cheaper like the cx430 , it's great for budget builds
You don't want an a4 , a6 or a8 ( not all ) unless you're gonna do everyday stuff , strictly everyday stuff
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
June 15, 2014 9:18:29 AM

Still worse than Razer's and my build , first of all the igpu in the 7850k is equal to a 250x if i remember correctly
second of all , you need 2133mhz ram to run an apu , and you have 1600mhz ram
third of all , you have a 80gb hdd , and you can BARELY put a few games on there , 320gb is alot better for just a bit more
and last but not least , cases with integrated psu's suck , even on such tight budgets .
so nope your build still isn't that great
m
1
l
June 15, 2014 9:20:31 AM

Well i tried. At least a good build for htpc
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
June 15, 2014 9:26:38 AM

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Pentium G3220 3.0GHz Dual-Core Processor ($56.98 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($43.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Patriot Viper 3 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($35.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 320GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($34.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 270 2GB TurboDuo Video Card ($129.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Rosewill FBM-01 MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($19.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($24.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $346.92
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-06-15 12:23 EDT-0400

For 40 extra bucks you can get a 270 , it's incredible what you can get with such a low budget !
m
0
l
a c 251 4 Gaming
a b B Homebuilt system
June 15, 2014 9:32:41 AM

woworwow said:
DONE. AMD A10 7850k build
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/D44Pgs --->cheap PSU
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/w7vsnQ ---->cx430


andrei65 said:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Pentium G3220 3.0GHz Dual-Core Processor ($56.98 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($43.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Patriot Viper 3 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($35.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 320GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($34.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 270 2GB TurboDuo Video Card ($129.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Rosewill FBM-01 MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($19.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($24.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $346.92
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-06-15 12:23 EDT-0400

For 40 extra bucks you can get a 270 , it's incredible what you can get with such a low budget !


I like it! But that case though... I would spend $10 more and get the case posted in my build. The cable management would be a lot easier and the case in general would be easier to work with.
m
0
l
June 15, 2014 9:33:22 AM

Revived this dead thread and now addicted to picking pc parts anyway you guys have r7 260 i bring you the gtx 750
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/4662bv

And now i'm wondering what i can get for unlimited budget
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
June 15, 2014 9:34:54 AM

Yeah but in such low budget builds i like to go cheap on almost everything , but the psu and spend that on the gpu to get as much horsepower as possible for gaming , although the case you've posted is great and is maybe worth spending 10 extra dollars on :) 
m
0
l
June 15, 2014 9:36:22 AM

Maybe i'll make a thread about pc under $150 or even under $100
m
0
l
a c 251 4 Gaming
a b B Homebuilt system
June 15, 2014 9:36:48 AM

woworwow said:
Maybe i'll make a thread about pc under $150 or even under $100


That will give you a garbage pc, trust me I've tried it before :p 
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
June 15, 2014 9:37:30 AM

Useless unless you're gonna buy the parts , it's a waste of time for people and you're better off with a used pc at that budget
m
0
l
June 15, 2014 9:45:03 AM

might aswell use this processor
<----
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
June 15, 2014 9:51:22 AM

woworwow said:
Revived this dead thread and now addicted to picking pc parts anyway you guys have r7 260 i bring you the gtx 750
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/4662bv

And now i'm wondering what i can get for unlimited budget


The 260 > 750 .
Like Razer said a 100$ pc will be complete shit and a big waste of money , but if you're doing a part list for fun then why not .
m
0
l
June 15, 2014 10:16:00 AM

I know r7 260 is better but there a some nvidia fanboys who won't buy an amd card. Just an alternative

Fun fact : My pc is the same as your build but i have an i3
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
June 15, 2014 10:20:54 AM

Which build ? The one in my description ?
m
0
l
June 15, 2014 10:24:58 AM

The first one you posted here. An d my 260x is from msi not xfx
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
June 15, 2014 10:30:03 AM

oh ok :) 
m
0
l
!