Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question
Solved

HD 5450 (silent) Flickers/Blinks while playing game

Tags:
  • Graphics
  • Games
  • CPUs
  • USB
Last response: in Graphics Cards
June 11, 2014 9:22:54 PM

I just don't know what the hell happened with my HD5450, when my CPU hits 100% it makes sound like you know when we attach USB in Windows 7, It was running good earlier (even when CPU usage was 100%) when i play the game after every 2 mins or less my screen goes black and the sounds comes (like when we attach USB to pc but i attached nothing here) and after 1-2 sec the game resumes or I see the pause menu of the game.
This has completely ruined my gaming experience.
There's nothing bad in my CPU or i havent attached any other USB device.
Please Help me :'(  (I got vacations i wanna play games)

More about : 5450 silent flickers blinks playing game

a b à CPUs
June 11, 2014 9:35:33 PM

Check to make sure the card is seated properly in the slot. To me it sounds like the it's making contact, then not making contact, then windows is recognizing new hardware.
m
0
l
June 11, 2014 9:42:16 PM

bccorrupt said:
Check to make sure the card is seated properly in the slot. To me it sounds like the it's making contact, then not making contact, then windows is recognizing new hardware.


I have fixed my graphic card properly , but still it makes that sound :( 
m
0
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b à CPUs
June 11, 2014 9:50:32 PM

Video card driver crashes can also cause that sound and so can overheating/cards that are on their last leg while the driver is crashing/recovering/crashing/recovering.

Have you installed new drivers lately or are you using a new game that you haven't used on this system before?

Also check the temps on the video card. Download MSI Afterburner or similar and make sure it isn't overheating.
Share
June 11, 2014 11:01:59 PM

bccorrupt said:
Video card driver crashes can also cause that sound and so can overheating/cards that are on their last leg while the driver is crashing/recovering/crashing/recovering.

Have you installed new drivers lately or are you using a new game that you haven't used on this system before?

Also check the temps on the video card. Download MSI Afterburner or similar and make sure it isn't overheating.


I haven't installed new driver but when i dont play game it also makes sound when the CPU reaches 100% :(  I have Intel E4500 2.20 Ghz
m
0
l
June 11, 2014 11:19:06 PM

tea urchin said:
You need to take the pc apart, take that card out and clean the dust out of it. Minimum.
Being fair, its 3 + years old. It may need the chip re pasting with thermal compound.
If you cannot get it working well you may want something much more powerful that will work;
new cards are much faster with the same electricity use.


i did everything man but problem is when my CPU reaches 100% it starts blinking, before few months this was not happening
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
June 12, 2014 5:29:51 AM

I still think it's probably related to the GPU, but try taking it out the system. Uninstall the drivers and take the video card out. Start it up using the built-in video and see if you get the same problem with the built in video.
m
0
l
June 12, 2014 6:41:07 AM

bccorrupt said:
I still think it's probably related to the GPU, but try taking it out the system. Uninstall the drivers and take the video card out. Start it up using the built-in video and see if you get the same problem with the built in video.


man, when i removed my GPU and pluged into VGA (motherboard) the system worked fine with no such sound.
but when again i put graphic card, the same problem occured. I don't have enough speed to download new drivers (just getting 15-20kbps speed :'(  )
and i have already just 2-3 month old drivers but i dont think a driver could be issue coz it was working fine before 2-3 months.
my CPU temp is about 57-59 Degree Celcius and GPU is about 38 Degree C
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
June 12, 2014 6:50:02 AM

Yep, figured it was definitely a problem with the GPU. You could try a driver cleaner program and then reinstalling the drivers(or another set of older or newer drivers) or test the video card under the load of a game and see what the temps get up to, but if neither of those works it might be toast.
m
0
l
June 12, 2014 6:57:27 AM

bccorrupt said:
Yep, figured it was definitely a problem with the GPU. You could try a driver cleaner program and then reinstalling the drivers(or another set of older or newer drivers) or test the video card under the load of a game and see what the temps get up to, but if neither of those works it might be toast.


all games works fine at 800x600 resolution, but the problem is there is blink or black screen appears for 2 sec.
can i test my gpu in all aspects or is there any gpu testing soft?
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
June 12, 2014 9:10:56 AM

Furmark, Unigine Heaven, and 3dmark are all good, but they'll require a much bigger download than drivers and a driver removal program combined and all they're going to do is reproduce the same problem you can with the game.

If a different driver doesn't work and temps are good on a heavy load then the card is probably trashed. You could also try it in a different computer.
m
0
l