HD 5450 (silent) Flickers/Blinks while playing game

rohitasare7

Reputable
Jun 12, 2014
I just don't know what the hell happened with my HD5450, when my CPU hits 100% it makes sound like you know when we attach USB in Windows 7, It was running good earlier (even when CPU usage was 100%) when i play the game after every 2 mins or less my screen goes black and the sounds comes (like when we attach USB to pc but i attached nothing here) and after 1-2 sec the game resumes or I see the pause menu of the game.
This has completely ruined my gaming experience.
There's nothing bad in my CPU or i havent attached any other USB device.
Please Help me :'( (I got vacations i wanna play games)

Solution
Video card driver crashes can also cause that sound and so can overheating/cards that are on their last leg while the driver is crashing/recovering/crashing/recovering.

Have you installed new drivers lately or are you using a new game that you haven't used on this system before?

Also check the temps on the video card. Download MSI Afterburner or similar and make sure it isn't overheating.

rohitasare7

Reputable
Jun 12, 2014

I have fixed my graphic card properly , but still it makes that sound :(

Video card driver crashes can also cause that sound and so can overheating/cards that are on their last leg while the driver is crashing/recovering/crashing/recovering.

Have you installed new drivers lately or are you using a new game that you haven't used on this system before?

Also check the temps on the video card. Download MSI Afterburner or similar and make sure it isn't overheating.

Solution

rohitasare7

Reputable
Jun 12, 2014

I haven't installed new driver but when i dont play game it also makes sound when the CPU reaches 100% :( I have Intel E4500 2.20 Ghz

rohitasare7

Reputable
Jun 12, 2014

i did everything man but problem is when my CPU reaches 100% it starts blinking, before few months this was not happening

rohitasare7

Reputable
Jun 12, 2014

man, when i removed my GPU and pluged into VGA (motherboard) the system worked fine with no such sound.
but when again i put graphic card, the same problem occured. I don't have enough speed to download new drivers (just getting 15-20kbps speed :'( )
and i have already just 2-3 month old drivers but i dont think a driver could be issue coz it was working fine before 2-3 months.
my CPU temp is about 57-59 Degree Celcius and GPU is about 38 Degree C

Yep, figured it was definitely a problem with the GPU. You could try a driver cleaner program and then reinstalling the drivers(or another set of older or newer drivers) or test the video card under the load of a game and see what the temps get up to, but if neither of those works it might be toast.

rohitasare7

Reputable
Jun 12, 2014

all games works fine at 800x600 resolution, but the problem is there is blink or black screen appears for 2 sec.
can i test my gpu in all aspects or is there any gpu testing soft?

Furmark, Unigine Heaven, and 3dmark are all good, but they'll require a much bigger download than drivers and a driver removal program combined and all they're going to do is reproduce the same problem you can with the game.

If a different driver doesn't work and temps are good on a heavy load then the card is probably trashed. You could also try it in a different computer.