Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

inno3d gtx650 2gb Vs inno3d gtx 650 ti 1 gb Vs HIS R7 250 iCooler 2gb 128 bit Gddr3

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
June 12, 2014 12:46:53 AM

Hello!

I wanted to ask if somebody could help me chose the best GPU among these three

1.inno3d gtx 650 2gb
2.inno3d gtx 650 ti 1gb
3.HIS R7 250 iCooler 2gb

i want to play games like bf4 ,Assassins creed 4 ,watch dogs and other similar games on mid or if possible on high setting.Currently these are the only available GPUs
June 12, 2014 5:30:02 AM

trace23 said:
Hello!

I wanted to ask if somebody could help me chose the best GPU among these three

1.inno3d gtx 650 2gb
2.inno3d gtx 650 ti 1gb
3.HIS R7 250 iCooler 2gb

i want to play games like bf4 ,Assassins creed 4 ,watch dogs and other similar games on mid or if possible on high setting.Currently these are the only available GPUs


Out of those cards the 650 ti is the best (you need fast memory rather than large amounts, as long as the ti has 'GDDR5' memory rather than DDR3 it will be faster than the other 2).
m
0
l
June 12, 2014 7:24:15 AM

The Gtx 650 2gb is also DDR5 actually its written SDDR5 in the list that i have with me,what's the difference between GDDR5 and SDDR5 .
Also if i decide to go for gtx 650 ti would i be able to play the above mentioned games with decent FPS on max settings or only on medium ?
m
0
l
Related resources
June 12, 2014 7:39:59 AM

trace23 said:
The Gtx 650 2gb is also DDR5 actually its written SDDR5 in the list that i have with me,what's the difference between GDDR5 and SDDR5 .
Also if i decide to go for gtx 650 ti would i be able to play the above mentioned games with decent FPS on max settings or only on medium ?


I'll be honest I'm not sure what the difference is between 'SDDR5' and 'GDDR5' the important thing to look at is the bandwidth in GB/S....

As the 650ti is clocked higher is has more bandwidth so the memory is a little faster.

The ammount of video memory you need depends on what screen resolution you want to play at.

1gb will be fine for max settings (without AA) at 1920 x 1080p. 2gb would allow you to either go up to 1440p resolution or start turning AA on *however* the GTX 650 is a weaker GPU so I'm not sure it would be fast enough to make use of the additional memory.

Personally I'd take a 650ti with 1gb memory over a 650 with 2gb as I think the extra shader cores and higher speeds in the ti are more useful.

Another thing to look at, have you considered any of the higher spec R7 cards? The 250 isn't really worth looking at, however the R7 260, 260X and 265 are all great cards. The R7 265 would be quicker than the 650ti if you can find one at a good price, and should also come with 2gb DDR5 memory.
m
0
l
a c 75 Î Nvidia
June 12, 2014 7:42:09 AM

there is no SDDR5 Vram, it is a mistake on the page. It is either GDDR5, or DDR5.

Difference between those two is nothing, they are the same, just one means DDR5, other is Graphics DDR5 (GDDR5).

Always hard to predict FPS on games, you need to do that, and the card yo have chosen is the best of the lot.
m
2
l
June 12, 2014 7:51:16 AM

Actually i live in Pakistan and here there are not a lot of cards to chose from because pc gaming is not very popular Vs the consoles and the cards available are also expensive as compared to the international market.I also have one more card in the list which is HIS R7 260x iceq X2 1gb 128 bit Gddr5 core clock=1075 mhz and memory clock=6400Mhz but its expensive then the 650 ti and is almost out of my range because im also buying a new cpu.

I will only consider this card if it is significantly more powerful than the 650 ti.
m
0
l

Best solution

June 12, 2014 7:57:40 AM

trace23 said:
Actually i live in Pakistan and here there are not a lot of cards to chose from because pc gaming is not very popular Vs the consoles and the cards available are also expensive as compared to the international market.I also have one more card in the list which is HIS R7 260x iceq X2 1gb 128 bit Gddr5 core clock=1075 mhz and memory clock=6400Mhz but its expensive then the 650 ti and is almost out of my range because im also buying a new cpu.

I will only consider this card if it is significantly more powerful than the 650 ti.


The 260X is *slightly* faster than the 650ti, but there isn't much between them.

I think the 650ti sounds like the best option.
Share
June 12, 2014 11:45:03 AM

Thank you both for your valuable opinions. :) 
m
1
l
a c 75 Î Nvidia
June 13, 2014 3:39:58 AM

no problem :) 
m
0
l
!