Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Will this PC build be good for gaming? (I5 4690 + GTX 770)

Last response: in Components
Share
June 12, 2014 1:26:53 AM

Hi there, i have put together a pc that i wanna use for gaming. I have a bit of experience looking for parts but its not much, so i World like a bit of feedback on the build. The PC Will mainly be used for playing BF4 (preferally on ultra),and sometimes record at the same time (with shadowplay), and of course a bit of video rendering. I Will not be overclocking. Heres the build:

CPU: Intel i5 4690
MOBO: Asus h87i-plus (m-itx)
GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB
PSU: Fractal Design Integra R2 650w
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb 1600mHz
CASE: Corsair 250D
HDD: Seagate Desktop HDD 2 tb
OS: Windows 8.1

That is pretty much it, again any feedback is greatly appriaciated.
June 12, 2014 1:33:35 AM

Well... I would not buy a mini itx motherboard and the the gpu is not so good for recording while playing ultra BF4
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b Î Nvidia
June 12, 2014 1:48:22 AM

Agree I would not use a m-itx motherboard. But that gpu would be just fine for shadow play should be no problem at all.
m
0
l
Related resources
June 12, 2014 1:50:23 AM

Fabio2011 said:
Well... I would not buy a mini itx motherboard and the the gpu is not so good for recording while playing ultra BF4


Reasons please?
m
0
l
June 12, 2014 2:00:21 AM

That GPU won't play ultra BF4 maybe medium without recording and if you want to record while playing then you must set the graphics as low as possible.
the mini itx mobos won't reach the full atx mobos perfomance and speed.

ASUS'S GPUS were and will be one of the most expensive GPUS. I would better pick up a GIGABYTE R9 270X OC-4GD.
You can find it here and it is cheaper: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
0
l
June 12, 2014 2:46:59 AM

bryonhowley said:
Agree I would not use a m-itx motherboard. But that gpu would be just fine for shadow play should be no problem at all.


Why not mitx? Reasons please, Think you tho! :) 
m
0
l

Best solution

June 12, 2014 2:58:58 AM

GTX 770 good choice for BF4. An if you use Windows 8.1 or 8.1 pro. You get a performance gain over Win 7 for BF4. I don't know exactly how this works I just know that 8.1 is the only Windows to actually make use of DX11.1 or 11.2. Even though Win 8 specs 11.1. I got to play BF4 Beta and was getting pretty good FPS with the GTX 770. but yeah your build is good. If you do not plan to use any features on an ATX or even M-ATX MB than go ahead and use the I-ATX as it fine for gaming. if you do not need the fans or extra r Sata ports and other expansion and your going for a Compact PC ITX motherboards fine. Especially with haswell as the VRM is on the Die anyway. here is a vid on ITX about performance https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeuJAOVRoA0
Share
June 12, 2014 4:40:02 AM

Vitric9 said:
GTX 770 good choice for BF4. An if you use Windows 8.1 or 8.1 pro. You get a performance gain over Win 7 for BF4. I don't know exactly how this works I just know that 8.1 is the only Windows to actually make use of DX11.1 or 11.2. Even though Win 8 specs 11.1. I got to play BF4 Beta and was getting pretty good FPS with the GTX 770. but yeah your build is good. If you do not plan to use any features on an ATX or even M-ATX MB than go ahead and use the I-ATX as it fine for gaming. if you do not need the fans or extra r Sata ports and other expansion and your going for a Compact PC ITX motherboards fine. Especially with haswell as the VRM is on the Die anyway. here is a vid on ITX about performance https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeuJAOVRoA0
and all the parts fit together? Like gpu and mobo?

m
0
l
June 12, 2014 4:41:23 AM

Vitric9 said:
GTX 770 good choice for BF4. An if you use Windows 8.1 or 8.1 pro. You get a performance gain over Win 7 for BF4. I don't know exactly how this works I just know that 8.1 is the only Windows to actually make use of DX11.1 or 11.2. Even though Win 8 specs 11.1. I got to play BF4 Beta and was getting pretty good FPS with the GTX 770. but yeah your build is good. If you do not plan to use any features on an ATX or even M-ATX MB than go ahead and use the I-ATX as it fine for gaming. if you do not need the fans or extra r Sata ports and other expansion and your going for a Compact PC ITX motherboards fine. Especially with haswell as the VRM is on the Die anyway. here is a vid on ITX about performance https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeuJAOVRoA0
and all the parts fit together? Like gpu and mobo?

m
0
l
June 12, 2014 6:49:02 PM

Sorry for the late reply, Just got home. Yeah...HAswell 1150 will fit in the Z87 or H87, GPU, as long as you have the clearance which you should. About 22cm(10in") yeah
m
0
l
!